Chapter Twenty Two

"Where do you wish for me to start?" Amanda sat in the centre of the carpet as we all crowded around her in a circle. She looked nervous and a little frightened, looking to Angus as she asked the question. Everyone had heard of Corby's, Amanda's and Angus's visions, except for me. I had yet to tell the group of my vision, too.

"Start where you feel comfortable, my dear." Angus reassured her. His voice was soft and quiet, the kind of tone that a parent would use to reassure their child in the dark of their bedroom. Not patronising, but reassuring.

"Alright..." She gulped and nervously twiddled a piece of long, beautiful curly hair in her fingers. She pouted her lips slightly, as if thinking deeply.

"At first I saw nothing but red. I thought my eyes were bleeding, after what happened to my husband..." Konane squeezed her hand. "Things slowly began to return into focus. I could see... a great golden palace; it looked as if an elegant ball were commencing. It was so strange. The guests masks, were terrifying... they were incredibly hard to explain ...but I'm sure that's irrelevant. I could feel love and desire in the air, and something was calling me towards the highest room in the palace. I walked - well, I didn't really feel like I was walking, more like floating — to the top of the palace. I could see a couple holding each other. They were wearing those horrible masks...but after that everything went dark. I could feel anger, I could feel vengeance... and then sadness. I started choking as water filled my lungs... I kept seeing flashing images of the masks and the couples dancing in the ballroom...but after that...I awoke whilst we were escaping the dimension. I almost had my head devoured by a demon, it is good that I awoke when I did... I'm sorry if that was too unclear, perhaps you may like me to..."

"Thank you, Amanda. You have explained that well enough. If that is all you can remember, then that is all we shall know. Genevieve, please can you tell us your vision?" I stared at Angus with uncertainty. For a moment I doubted my mind's reliability. Never the less, I stood to my feet and reluctantly took my place in the centre of the carpet. I took my time explaining my vision. The paper surroundings, the winding stairs, the white house, the bloodstains, that I was drawn to the bedroom and that overwhelming urge to kill that I experienced. I could sense a wave of anxiety hit each member one at a time. Soon I had finished explaining what I had seen, and I slowly sat back down. Everyone remained silent.

"Corby...?" Angus asked at the small elf. Corby was obviously very nervous, but tried his hardest to cover his fear by spreading a confident expression across his face. He sat down on the carpet and crossed his legs, placing his hands on his knees.

"Well...Like I said before, it is very hard to explain...There was darkness, and then I could feel a light, cold sensation on my feet. I was walking on something like mist, and in the distance there was a large object...I could sense danger beneath my steps... I soon reached the object: it had sails, a flag and a wooden deck...a ship, obviously. It felt as if I was surrounded by something, but I could see nothing. After that everything went dark, the ship began to rock viciously, and then I awoke."

Sweetest tilted her head up towards Angus, and we all did the same. It was then his turn to explain his vision to me. He did not sit in the centre of the room. Instead, he walked towards the fireplace and kicked a lump of coal into the fire. He then stared at Julian who was sitting in complete silence in the corner of the room.

"One moment I was fighting Julian, the next I could smell nothing but blood. The smell was so foul it overtook all of my senses. I shut my eyes for a brief period and when I opened them I was in a completely different place... I was in a mad house... a psychiatric institution. These are common in the human world, yes? I believe I was in a dimension extremely close to the human world, on the border in fact. There were patients strapped to dirty white beds, screaming and howling throughout the building. There were a few prison cells in the walls for the more dangerous clients. I walked forward and turned left down a corridor. There were many different operating tools scattered across the flooring. There were puddles of blood and dirt everywhere. I could even see a blonde girl sprawled out across the floor, obviously dead. I could hear particularly vicious screams coming from behind me, I felt something smash into my head and then I awoke. Julian charged towards me and I had no time to react. That must of really pleased the demon, my complete loss of control..."