Chapter 5: Hungover Meetings, Wet Pants, and the Beginning of A Hunt

Red-Hair Pirate's Ship

Location Unknown

Yasopp nudges his captain with his foot. The man had gotten drunk again and was snoring away against the mast. He results to smacking him upside the head with his hand.

"CAPTAIN!"

"W-WHAGH! I PROMISE I DIDN'T DRINK THE−" Shanks bolts upright to his feet. Yasopp stumbles back, scratching his head.

"Captain?" He says again.

Said captain smacks his mouth, groggily holding onto the mast to steady himself. He stares at Yasopp, eyes half-lidded from his current hangover. Scratching his butt with his only hand, he waits for Yasopp to speak.

"So, we see Dracule Mihawk coming our way, and−" Yasopp is stopped short.

"The...what? Oh, yeah...yeah the fuzzy man?" Shanks slurs, sighing disappointedly after. "He always finds me when I'm hungover on my a**. Let him on, let him on."

"Yes, but captain, half the crew is terrified out of their wits. Torbis just pissed himself..." Yasopp says, casting a weary glance in Torbis's direction.

Shanks follows his gaze, makes a noise of disgust, then waves his hand.

"Just...calm everyone down," Shanks says. "And get him a new pair of pants, for Pete's sake..."

The rest of his crew was looking over the side toward the direction of Dracule Mihawk's coffin boat. The sail loomed over the water around him. He sat bored upon his "throne", the hilt of his sword rising above his head. Mihawk could practically sense the devastation on the ship in front on him. Shanks just sits back down against the mast and waits. Oh, how he wasn't looking forward to this chat. He watches his crew let down the ramp. With a few minutes passing and a dramatic cry falling from someone in the crew of spectators, Mihawk finally stands in front of his old rival. His arms were firmly pressed to his sides, giving off a terrifying demeanor of power and supremacy. Shanks looks up with a lopsided smirk.

"Hawk-Eye. What brings you−?"

"Once again, I find you hungover." Mihawk comments listlessly.

"Heh, I was just saying something about that." Shanks scratches his cheek with one finger, laughing for no reason.

"Oh you were, were you?" Mihawk frowns. "Well, to cease your apparent curiosity of why I'm here, I came to discuss a swordsman I've recently been told about. The government is quite, how should I put it, alarmed of how rapid his bounty has increased in the past seven months. So alarmed that they, in fact, asked me to hunt him down. I honestly don't wish to waste my time and breath in doing so, but I may consider a duel to see his skills. As far as I know he's a solo pirate."

"Really? Do you have a bounty poster of the man?" Shanks asks, rubbing his head.

"Unfortunately, I do not. But I managed to catch his name. I believe it was Sinbad Lucius. They call him, "The Heartbreak". Not a fearsome title, in my opinion, but his−"

"WHAT?!" Shanks roars, hopping to his feet. Signs of grogginess disappear from his face. His words miraculously no longer slurred together. "Lucius? H-He's...?"

His words fall away from him. Ingrid and Torbis turn their heads at the mention of Lucius's name. Ingrid looked slightly older, face etched with few wrinkles from age and stress. Torbis looked scruffier. They both listen intently, along with few other crew members. Remembering himself, Shanks clears his throat and regards Mihawk seriously.