Friends?

August.

I looked down as Kayden opened her eyes.

"She was just sleep, so she might be grumpy. You know how dat be. Keep her for as long as you want but make sure she calls me everyday."

I swear Chandra's accent is strong as hell. I'on een be understandin shit she be talkin sometimes.

I looked down at Cha. She actin like dis my first time keepin Kay. But then again, she do dis same shit every time I keep my babies.

"Sis, I heard dis shit bout a buck already. Feed her, give her a bath, she post to be sleep by 9:30. We love ya but you gotta get to steppin. Kayden, come show ya' moms some love."

Kayden walked over to her moms and hugged her. I shook my head and locked the door after Chandra finally left.

"Where's India, Uncle August?" Kayden's smart ass asked me.

"We ain't talked." I simply told her.

I looked everywhere but at Kay. She be on my ass bout tryna play wit female's feelings. Everybody be thinkin because she yung, she don't know half da shit she spit but baby smart.

Even though dat ain't een da case right now, I know how she felt bout her lil' India. Kay sat on my lap and looked up at me. "Why? I really liked her. What did you do?"

"Sometimes people not meant to be together so they go their separate ways." I told her, hopin dat she'd understand where i'm comin from.

"Like me and Justin?" I twisted my face up at her.

"Who da hell? You only in the 1st grade, baybeh. You shouldn't be separatin from nobody right now."

"I know det but Justin loved me and I didn't luh' him. I just liked dem nice gifts he always buying me. Dat kid was crazy."

I chuckled. I'on know if I should be thinkin more bout dis topic or not. She young, she don't know what love is yet.

"Come on in the kitchen wit me. We gone make some pizza." I stood up and walked into my spacious kitchen. Kay followed me.

She sat down on a stool as I got da shit out of da damn near empty refrigerator.

"Uncle August.. I think you should call India if you really miss her." Kay said, colorin on my good plates wit her lil edible markers.

I sat the ingredients for the pizza on the counter, and sighed. Kayden not gone let up until I at least call to check up on India.

I guess I should call her, it been roughly around 3 months and I miss her wit everything in my heart, ain't no need to sugar coat shit. I picked my phone up and dialed India's number.

"Hello?" When I heard her voice, a nigga's whole mood changed.

"Wassam?" I asked.

She sighed through da phone, causing me to drop my head. "Yes, August."

"Just callin to check on ya." I said, fallin back on my couch.

"I'm doing just fine I'm on my way to my hotel room. How you been?"

"Shit, yung livin. Da only thing I know how to do, ya heard? And ah yeah, you ain't never told me what you doin all the way out dere."

The last time I talked to India was when she first told me she was leaving. I clearly didn't take that conversation lightly and we fell off again.

"Hopefully starting over, you know? Oh yeah, I'm glad you called. I actually wanted to apologize for ruining damn near everything in your nice apartment."

"You good. I know you was goin' through some shit so you get a lil pass."

She chuckled and I swear I could see her pretty ass smile pop up in my head. Just thinkin about her smiling made me smile.

I sound like a sucka but that don't matter. Dis my baby I'm talkin bout. Real niggas gone express their love for a broad before lettin a different nigga ever get the chance to.

We talked on the phone for a couple more minutes before we finally said our goodnights.

"How did it go?" Kayden asked as soon as I walked back into the kitchen. I never been as grateful for somebody, as much as I'm grateful for my niece.

"It went good. Enough bout dat conversation, let's make us a pizza!" I said, tickling her.

Kay and I ended up making a fucked up lil pizza and then I tucked her in for da night.

India

I walked into my hotel room, sat my phone down, and smiled. I talked to Dexter and August yesterday so I guess I have a reason to be happy right now. Dexter and I probably will never be close again but I'm so happy that we're back on speaking terms.

I took my clothes off and looked around. I only plan to be in this hotel for another week. I have so much shit to do and worry about though so it may take longer for me to move out.

I've been in Indianapolis for two days and I guess you could say I'm doing fine. This really isn't the first time I've been on my own but it's the first time I've been on my own in a whole different state.

I plan on starting my own little business soon. I want to be a fashion designer and a stylist. I just don't know where to start with either career choice. That doesn't mean I won't still try my hardest to get the ball rolling.

I grabbed a notebook, a pen, and my laptop. I sat on my bed and started a to do a little research on the two careers.