Remember This Time.

I opened my eyes due to my phone ringing loud as hell by my ear.

"You gone say somethin? The fuck you doin?"

I smiled. Whenever I answer my phone I literally just sit in silence until the other person talks. It's a weird habit.

"I'm up. I'm walking out now." I said, immediately remembering about breakfast.

"You a damn lie. I'm outside right now."

I looked at the clock that was hanging on my wall. It read 10am. I put my hand over my mouth. I ended up calling August back after we hung up the first time because I couldn't go to sleep.

I woke him up but he still stayed on the phone with me until 3 in the morning. We just talked about random shit all night, getting to know each other more.

I believe that there is no such thing as knowing enough about someone. You literally learn something new about people in your life daily.

"If you wouldn't have called me back, we coulda' been gone. Now open dis damn doe up."

I hung the phone up and walked downstairs. "Come in, sit down, don't touch anything, I'll be right back."

"Ah, word? Das how you do me? I'm a side nigga now?"

Ignoring his jokes, I walked upstairs and started my daily routine.

I stepped out of the shower and walked to my vanity stand a few minutes later. Makeup or no makeup? I decided to just do my eyebrows today. I turned Pandora on and started on my eyebrows. They'll most likely take less than 20 minutes.

Carolina blue kicks, fresh on the scene
Hottest nigga on the block, damn girl you mean
They be starting shit, but it's your world
On my Martin shit, you go girl
She bad and she know it, some niggas save hoes
I'm not that heroic
Could you be my escort
Cause just like them two door Fords
Damn, they don't make 'em like you no more
Cole World, real Cole World
Them boys cool, me I'm on fire
Know what's on my mind, tryna see what's on yours tonight
Tonight, tonight
Move slow, cause you wanna live fast
Up late so you'll probably skip class
Life is a test so before the night pass get right
Get right

"Bitch! Why is August downstairs?"

I looked at Jayda through my mirror as I rubbed the front of my brows with my finger. "Because he's about to take a bitch out to breakfast."

I stood up and got dressed. I put on a black and blue loose shirt, ripped jeans, and my black and blue Royals.

She stared at me in a way that she always does when I do something stupid, as she would call my every life decision.

"Business—find you some. Ima see you later though, baby."

I hugged her and walked downstairs. I know we'll talk more about the situation later but for now, I didn't want to hear anything about it.

I'm young. Sometimes I just be wanting to have fun and I never can because if it's not Keem on me, it's Jayda. Also known as my second mom and dad. "Come on, August."

We walked outside and I immediately smiled when I saw Keem and Michael outside smoking on my porch.

"Keem!" I ran and jumped on him, hugging him as tight as my little ass could. I really missed my annoying ass brother.

HaKeem finally put me down and I jumped on Michael next. "Bestfriend!" I screamed.

"I wish I got that same type of love still. All I get is a pat on the back and a smile whenever I come over." Jayda loudly said. I shook my head at her.