Chapter 4: The things we would do for a prank

Previously:

I'm so sorry babe, can we talk? - Baby J

He didn't give me the time to reply when my phone started to vibrate once again, but this time he was calling.

Should I answer or not?

| | CHAPTER 4 : THE THINGS WE WOULD DO FOR A PRANK | |

Victoria Summers

My phone kept ringing and I kept staring, not knowing what to do!! 

Did I want to talk to Jake or not? 

He had dumped me over nothing, he didn't even hear me out before doing so either. What could he possible want to say? After the fifth ring I couldn't stand it anymore, the curiosity killed the cat so sue me. I excused myself from the boys and headed outside.

''What do you want Jake?'' I asked in my most bored tone as I sat down on the grass not caring about the glances I received. 

''Is that the way to speak to your boyfriend?'' He asked, anger lacing in his voice. I sighed and ran my hand through my entire face. 

''Don't you mean ex-boyfriend, you dumped me, remember?'' I didn't mean for my tone to come out so harsh, but it did and there was nothing I could do about it. I could hear how he sighed through the other end and prepared myself for the lame apology that was about to come. 

''Look Tori, I'm sorry, I thought you were cheating on me and I broke, it killed me...'' He started off but I quickly interrupted him. 

''Jake, what's done is done, we both knew this was going to happen the moment we got together anyway so please move on and so will I'' 

Clearly that didn't stop him ''Babe, you don't understand... I need you'' His voice was broken and very needy as if something bad had happened. Ignoring that thought I continued to stand my ground ''No Jake, you don't'' in the end it felt as if I was trying to convince myself and not him.

''My sister is in the hospital'' He breathed out and moments later the sobs came. Jake didn't cry very often and when he did it was very very serious.

''Jake, wait for me I'm coming'' I hung up without bothering to hear his reply and sprinted across the whole schoolyard. I was thankful of my modelling career or else I wouldn't be able to run this far without dying. My chest was rising and falling heavily when I reached my dorm and hurriedly packed my bag with all the necessary stuff before heading out of the room.

''Where are you going?'' River asked as he also ran out of the room. ''That's none of your business'' I replied and sprinted towards my car parked in the school's parking lot. I unlocked my car and got ready to drive when my passenger door opened and River hoped in.

''What are you doing'' I asked irritated at his childish behaviour. Couldn't he tell that I was in a hurry and didn't have time for this? He didn't even answer me as he gestured for me to drive. 

''Oh hell no, you're not coming with me'' I stated and reached across the seat to open his door, but stopped halfway when I accidentally brushed my hand against his friend.

''Wow, easy there I didn't know you wanted me that bad, babe'' He blurted out as he jumped in his seat. He then plastered a smirk on his lips as he sent me a wink. 

''Oh god, do you really think I want that?'' I asked through chuckles as I pointed down at his crotch. 

''Yes, there's not been a single person turning down River Junior'' I rolled my eyes at the name he had given his buddy.