Chapter 10: Danger

Previously:

''Well that was weird'' I mumbled when River decided to pick a big, white teddy bear with a light brown bow around it's neck. 

''The casanova seems to have a cute side'' I said jokingly as I looked at him holding the bear in his arms. As if it it couldn't get cuter, he handed me the teddy bear with a smile playing on his lips. As if on cue a frown replaced the smile on his lips.

To lighten up his mood, I gave him a peck on the cheek as I whispered a thank you. Is it just me or did he start blushing?

| | CHAPTER 10 : DANGER | |

River Jacobs

I turned in my sleep, holding two pillows pressed to my ears. I had tried going back to sleep multiple times but that constant loud laughter wouldn't stop echoing throughout the room. Everyone knew not to disturb my sleep especially not on a Monday morning. I groaned as the morning light shone down on my lying form. I quickly covered my eyes as I let out an irritated groan.

''Good morning River'' her light voice murmured from across the room. Her morning voice sounded so beautiful, I would love to wake up to that every day. And as she laughed once again, I could only hear it as a beautiful melody. It made me think back to Saturday, when we were at the amusement park. She had been so scared yet so happy laughing hysterically and she had been cute, very cute.

Wait what the hell am I thinking?! Focus! My best friend is dating that girl!

I groaned once again, I needed one hell of a distraction.

''River, are you okay?'' she asked from her side of the room. Rubbing my face out of the sleepiness I gave her a reassuring smile. She was resting against her headboard, phone in hand and a smile on her lips. Why is she so beautiful?

I stepped out of my bed only in boxers might I add, but she didn't seem to notice. I wanted some sort of comment but before looking like a creep I walked to the bathroom. I took a quick shower before starting to fix my hair with my favorite wax. That's when I felt my fingers starting to glue to one another. Panic struck my face as I glanced in the mirror, only to notice that my hair was green and my fingers glued to each other.

''SUMMERS!'' I shouted at the top of my lungs the anger burning within me as I opened the door with such a strong force, hitting her right in the face. I watched how she stumbled back a bit, clutching onto her forehead in pure pain. Her eyes started to roll back in her head as she fell backwards, down on the ground with a loud thump. The scream leaving her lips made every single hair on my body to stand. I could feel her pain through her whimpers as she wriggled on the ground. She was hurt... and it's all my fault.

''Are you okay?'' I asked which I knew was a stupid thing to ask. I had never heard my voice filled with so much concern before. 

She tried sitting up which made her groan in pain, I could tell that she was trying to fight the tears from spilling. 

''I'm fine'' she mumbled before standing up and quickly losing her balance. Before she had the time to once again fall down, I caught her thanking my fast reflexes. Her hands instantly circled around my neck as I held her firmly in my arms. Our eyes met for a brief second before the door flew open revealing Damon. His smile vanished, replaced by shock at our current position, her in my arms, I being naked and green haired.

''What is going on here?'' he was on the verge of yelling at us and it actually made me gulp. 

''I just lost my balance, River caught me before I fell'' Tori answered in a soothing voice which surprisingly calmed Damon down instantly. He so got it bad for her. ''Oh'' was the only thing he could say as he entered the room.