Chapter 7: Secrets and lies

Previously:

''Is it because she has money, huh?'' I asked with a tone full of venom that I didn't recognize. It caused them to stop grinning, they were completely frozen in shock. ''Of course not, I love your mother'' he answered too calm for my liking. So calm that I knew something was wrong. ''You don't even know her for fuck's sake!'' I shouted and dragged Elliot out of the restaurant before they could stop us.

This isn't happening!

| | CHAPTER 7 :  SECRETS AND LIES | |

Victoria Summers

I knew that it was a bad move to drag my brother with me, but siblings need to stick together through the hardships, besides he would hate me if I didn't. The news had not only shocked us but I knew that it hurt Elliot a lot. Our father left us when he was ten, still a boy who needed his father. It was no secret that he was hoping for our father to come back and for us to be a happy family once again. But now with Mr Lopez that hope of his is long gone, almost extinct.

So we are currently sitting in McDonalds eating chicken nuggets as my phone continue to vibrate in the middle of the table. Our eyes were practically burning holes onto the phone as we kept glaring at it. Everyone's probably wondering why we haven't shut the phone off, but we had this feeling someone else that wasn't our engaged mother would call in any minute, although that would be hard cause my mother was probably stopping all traffics with her endless calls.

The cute worker sighed for the hundredth of time when the phone once again started to vibrate. I could feel her annoyance slipping onto me as she kept snickering impatiently. Elliot could care less as he glanced out to the now empty parking lot except for our car. The clock had been ticking forever and it was now past three in the morning when the worker out of the blue marched to our table, picked up the phone and answered.

''They obviously doesn't want to speak to you so stop calling'' She yelled into the phone before throwing it back at me after hanging up. I could only gasp at her as she sassily walked back to the cashier to take a customer that had just walked in.

''Thank her for that'' I muttered under my breath while being met by my little brother's round big eyes. His eyes always reminded me so much about our father, they shared the exact same shade of color. Right now they were a bit of a light brown which meant that he was feeling down. Elliot had always wanted our father back but our mother never told us why he even left us in the first place. Why did he bail on us, why did he even disappear like that... like we meant nothing to him as if we were small pieces of dust on the floor that he could just wipe off. Our mother only told us that he got tired of us and that he didn't love us but we always took it like bullshit.

''What's wrong Elliot?'' I asked my voice full of concern. I hated it when he was sad especially when I knew that I couldn't do anything about it. 

''Can I stay with you tonight?'' His eyes so innocent and full of hope, was almost pleading me to say yes as if I wouldn't. I gave him my best grin as I answered with that one sentence that made his tense shoulders relax. 

''Whenever you want''

''You know our schools aren't that far away... how is school?'' I asked him. We used to talk about school but ever since I had to attend boarding school, there weren't much seeing each other. A smile tugged at the corner of my brother's lips as he blushed a small rose pink color. 

''Someone's blushing'' I teased him by pinching his cheeks causing him to frown. He clamped his cheeks, ''I'm not blushing'' he protested. 

''Than do you care to explain why your cheeks are as red as a fire right now?'' He looked quite nervous, fidgeting with his fingers, a habit both of us had when being under pressure.