Chapter 13: Take him down

Previously:

The sun was shining brightly down on us, the sky clear as day and our footsteps in sync. This couldn't be more soothing and stressfree until an angry voice asked us "What is this?"

And there stood Damon with a scowl on his face, gesturing between me and River while keeping his eyes on me.

| | CHAPTER 13 : TAKE HIM DOWN | |

Damon Price

* While River and Tori were driving to Elliot's school *

I met up with River's stepbrother Daniel Patricksson after a picture of Tori and River kissing was sent to my phone. At first, it was hard to believe that they would play me like that although after a bit of thinking it didn't seem so unpredictable. After all, they are roommates and they also spend an awful amount of time together. And let's not forget that both of them are players. Even if I tried to console myself with these facts in mind, it didn't mean I felt less hurt.

When I first saw the photo, my brain couldn't function. There were multiple questions that I asked myself: Why and how could they betray me like that? What had I done to deserve that? Was I the one at fault?

Nothing made sense in the beginning, I thought that she was happy dating me. Because at least she was smiling. But now, she had stabbed me in the back and pierced my heart with a knife. I could feel an emptiness growing inside of me like a whole in my chest waiting to be filled with love. That waiting would be forever cause she had unknowingly stolen my heart and now I was being abandoned, like I wasn't good enough.

And not to mention how unfairly River had been treating his stepbrother when they were younger. Daniel had told me all about their childhood, how River had practically tricked their father to give him all the money on his deathbed. Did he not have any conscience after receiving all the love and gifts as a kid while Daniel stood in the background. Wasn't it enough growing up with a father, did he have to take everything of their father as well?

As far as I know, both River and Tori deserved each other. They were equally as bad.

"So are you in Price?" he asked with a smirk playing on his lips. Without a single hesitation and thought clouding my mind, I agreed to the plan not knowing what I was doing.

Victoria Summers

* Present time *

Damon and I were currently sitting on a bench quite a distance from my brother, River, and his little sister. I had pretended not to see my brother's curious eyes when passing him to get to the bench. With a lake in front of us and little kids playing around, the atmosphere should have been light instead of this tension around us. I could tell that Damon was angry yet there was something else that I couldn't pinpoint. As the light wind drifted pass us, Damon finally turned so he was looking at me.

"Is it wrong of me to be jealous?" his voice felt small and somehow vulnerable. Had I hurt him so badly?

"Am I not good enough?"

I looked at him, shocked by his words. Is that what he felt?

Not knowing what to say, I kept glancing into his eyes, searching for some answers to his questions. My hands laid on my tighs with clenched fists, knuckles soon turning white. Why did I feel so unease? There was something brewing inside of me, my heartbeat was increasing and I couldn't stop unclenching and clenching my fists.

"What does he have that I don't?"

My eyes narrowed, my whole body turning rigid. I could see him straightening his back and puffing out his chest. As he exhaled slowly, something in me finally snapped as I turned to him.