Sorry

"I accidentally shot you in the leg and at first I felt bad, but now I'm not so sure because I'm carrying you to the nurse and you won't stop complaining and yelling at me."

•••

"Hey, Felicity, I—" Oliver begins then falters, his face freezing in shock as he looks down at his leg where his partner shot him.

"Oh my God," she whispers, the gun still pointed at Oliver's leg. She whips around to see Dig unmoving and staring just as she is.

"Ow," Oliver roars, getting over the shock of being shot. Shifting his weight to his bullet-free leg, he grabs onto pole next to him. "What in the world was that, Felicity?" he manages to grind out, wincing and closing his eyes.

"I am so sorry! Oh my God, Oliver, I didn't mean to—"

"Give me the gun!" he yells, grabbing it out of her hand as she points it every which way. Talking with your hands is not a good thing when you are holding a gun.

"Digg was just showing me how to shoot—" behind her, Digg grimaces, putting his head in his hands "—and you came up behind me and you scared me and oh my God I shot you and I am so sorry! Like really sorry and I swear I will never touch a gun again! I mean I might, but I definitely won't shoot you with it! I'm so, so, so sorry, please don't be mad." She stops abruptly, biting her lip nervously.

"Help me to a chair," he says, his jaw clenched as he throws his arm heavily around her small shoulders.

"Uh, how about I help you with that," Dig intervenes, pulling his boss off of Felicity and wrapping the arm around himself. "You okay, man?"

"I'm alright. I don't think it's bad. Just hurts," he grumbles, sitting down hard in the chair Dig brought him to. Rolling up his pant leg, Oliver looks at his wound. "It only grazed my calf," he announces, causing felicity to sigh with relief.

"Okay, we're still going to a hospital, though," Felicity says, grabbing her keys off of the table next to her computers.

"I don't need to go to a hospital," he growls in reply. "I can stitch it up here."

"I'm sure you can, but I'm not taking any chances. You're coming with me."

"How are you going to explain this?" Digg asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Uh, I'll tell them the truth: I accidentally shot him."

"No she won't, we'll make something up," Oliver says, wincing as he stands up again.

"Does that mean you'll go?" Felicity inquires, resting her hand on his bicep as he stands somewhat unbalanced.

"It means that I don't feel like arguing. Now help me clean it up and then we can go."

·•·

Fifteen minutes later, they are in Felicity's car, driving in silence which is much more worrying to Felicity than yelling. If he's silent, it means one of two things: he's really angry or really hurt.

"Are you okay," she asks gently, quickly glancing over to where he stared straight ahead in his seat.

"Yeah, I'm fine, no thanks to you!" he replies, rubbing his eyes with his hand.

"I said I'm sorry," she says, realising that it was the former.

"Sorry doesn't mean I don't have a bullet wound in my leg! That very well could have hit my chest, Felicity. I can't believe you were so careless!"

"I know. I didn't mean to do it and I won't do it again."

"Would that have mattered if you shot me in the chest, Felicity? I don't think so! I would be dead because some tech girl couldn't keep control of her hands."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry, Oliver."

"And I told you that sorry isn't going to fix anything! I knew teaching you to shoot was a bad idea, but I didn't know you'd do something so stupid shooting one of us."

"What do you want me to say?" she shouts, her fingers angrily gripping the steering wheel. "You don't have to make me feel like an idiot because I made a mistake! Cause I'm sure you have never made a mistake before, have you, Mr. Queen?"

He sighs, running his calloused fingers through his short hair. "I know. I'm sorry for yelling at you, I just— I don't know. I don't have an excuse. I shouldn't have said that."

She doesn't reply at first, instead staring straight ahead at the road. But eventually she replies, "It's okay, Oliver. Let's just get you to the doctor, 'kay?"

He looks as though he is about to argue for a second, but then relents. "Okay."

•••

Written for day seven of the Olicity fic challenge