Chapter 9

Jiho

"She had a secret that no one, and I mean no one knew, except herself. Not even her parents know."

"She didn't actually have any diseases. She didn't even have asthma, well she did. But it barely attacked her. She should be healthy right now."

"But something bad happened."

3rd Person's POV

Flashback

Jiho and her family lived a simple life. They were all healthy. They weren't that rich but they were still happy.

One day, Jiho pushed her mom's limit. Since she was just a little kid with no conscience before, she made her mother angry. So they decided to send Jiho to her unknown relative who owned an orphanage at the other side of town. They sent her to teach her a lesson and that she could be well behaved.

But what they didn't know is that that aunt is not very nice.

Since Jiho, having no idea where her parents are taking her, she just looked at the surroundings they passed by while in the car.

"Mommy, where are we going?" Little Jiho asked.

"We're going to eat out, honey." Her mother fake-smiled.

Little Jiho cheered for joy not knowing the real scenario. While her dad, who was silently driving was on the verge to tears.

"We're gonna leave her for a month, is that okay?" Her mother discussed with the relative while Jiho played with the other kids.

"We're gonna leave in a few, in the mean time please distract her." She said as she looked at her daughter, emotionless.

The latter agreed and checked on the child.

She was still playing with all the orphans.

Good.

Her father went to the balcony of the orphanage where they were playing.

"Jiho?"

Jiho heard him and quickly rushed to her father.

"Yes, daddy?" (When u lowkey disgusted of this word)

"Come here."

She went to her father's side and was surprised when he suddenly hugged her tiny figure.

"Remember what dad always says alright?" Her father said, pulling his tears back.

"Be independent! Don't depend on others! Always be strong!"

"That's my girl." He smiled and hugged her again.

The daughter smiled happily while the father was already in tears.

He stood up, quickly avoiding Jiho's eyes and backfaced her.

"Now. B-be a good girl and stay h-here okay?" He stuttered and walked back to his wife.

"Okay! Come back okay?" Jiho said as she went back to playing.

"Let's go?" His wife said.

He nodded, mixed emotions filling his mind.

"Please take good care of her." She said as the old lady just nodded.

She went to the balcony and called Jiho.

"Jiho?"

Jiho heard it and immediately went to her. Looking up to her aunt's tall figure she asked politely;