The Mist Part Five

Prologue part five

~Loren~

I met Jason about two years ago, at the beginning of freshman year. I didn't really like him at first, he had an immature sort of...flair we'll say. It wasn't until he asked me to be the homecoming queen to his jester that I really gave him much thought. We've been dating ever since.

The mist for me started with me waking up every morning to a falling feeling, then my pencils started to float when I set them down during class. Into the second week things would levitate temporarily as I walked by but I hardly noticed. On the fourteenth day I woke up suspended in midair with my entire room hanging all around me. This time I didn't fall as I woke up but was instead doomed to do midair summersaults for a couple hours until Molly and the others came for me.

~Jason~

Loren is the light of my life. I knew that since the day I met her, it just took me a couple months to make that a reality. I had to ask her to homecoming, that's something safe for the start up date right? I realized that she was even more amazing than I had thought when we started dating.

When I started going through the mist, it was...weird. I started to get cold all the time and no matter how many layers I put on, I couldn't shake it. When I woke up every morning for the first week, my bed was wet. Not as if I peed, but a dampness that was spread all around. Then my drink froze as I tried to sip it. I knew something was wrong, especially when I started leaving icy footprints everywhere I stepped. The last day I woke up incased in a solid chunk of ice and it took me a couple hours to dethaw. Molly picked me up when I froze the pond at the center of my suburb of Chicago.