Part XXIV

"You Russian bítch!" she yelled as her hand made it's way towards my cheek. 

Before she could reach my cheek I gripped her hand in a steel grip and pulled her towards me. I could see the fear and pain in her eyes and expression, but I could not find it in me to care. 

"And you are an American bítch with Italian roots. I must say that I'm impressed with how many minutes it took for you to come to that conclusion after hearing me speak Russian" 

I could feel the men of the family surrounding me, all with their guns out and pointed at me. Knowing I could be easily be shot, I still kept my strong grip on her arm. 

"You Russians are all the same. You're disgusting human beings who only care about money. You don't even care about your own family. You don't care if your victims are innocent. Who they leave behind. You are all monsters!" Angelica screamed at me as she broke down in tear. 

It was clear that she lost someone to the Russian mob, and I almost felt sorry for her – almost

"Listen Barbie. I hear ya. I sort of agree with you on some of those accounts. I even feel some sympathy for you, -" I could feel the men watching the conversation go down, all of them anxious as to what could happen. 

"But even with the little bit of sympathy I feel; I still want to twist your neck for trying to slap me". The men deemed this the right time to interrupt, and Niccolo was the first one to speak. 

"Eliana, let her go. You are a cleaver girl and know that the odds are against you". 

"We should just shoot her" Luisa said, earning a glare from Niccolo. I ignored Luisa, and focused on what Niccolo had said. He was right and I knew it, even though I didn't like it. 

Letting go of Angelica's arm, I turned to Niccolo, "Why do you always have to ruin my fun?".

 As soon as I let go, Angelica practically ran away from me to hide behind her husband. The men didn't lower their guns so I raised my right hand in the air as a sign of surrender. The guns were lowered slowly, and the Genovese family was all studying me as if I was a dangerous animal. 

"Why do you always have to get yourself in trouble?" Niccolo said exasperated. 

"Hey, this time it was not my fault. Your sister and in-law is always the one to start it. It's not my fault that they can't finish it" I shrugged. 

Niccolo only sighed before looking towards his father who was studying me carefully. 

"The three of us are having a meeting, now" Mr. Genovese said, referring to himself, Niccolo and me. 

"I'm coming as well" the oldest brother, Ernesto, said. Mr. Genovese shook his head, and I could see Ernesto grow angry. 

"She almost broke my wife's arm! I have a right to be in this meeting". 

Mr. Genovese let out an exasperated sigh before turning to walk towards his office. Ernesto immediately followed. Niccolo and I followed a few steps behind them. 

He dipped his head down towards me as he whispered, "As much as I loved watching the catfight, and how hot you look when you are angry, you are not to do that again". 

He continued walking as he hadn't said anything, and it pissed me off even more than his words had. 

"Who are you to order me around?" I asked, my anger showing in my voice. Niccolo's expression was passive as he took me in, but I knew that my anger surprised him.