Part XXXI

Don't underetimate the things that I will do

There's a fire starting in my heart

Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark

***

When I get angry, I sometimes don't think through my decisions. That lack of thinking was what made me pocket Niccolo's car keys. I had only thought about the fact that I had to get away, and it seemed like a good plan at the time. Now, in the middle of nowhere with his favorite car it still seemed like a good idea. Maybe, just maybe, I was a little more upset than I would like to admit. However, no one likes to be told that they are not good enough. My anger was consuming me and filled the little space there were in the car. Pushing the car door open I stepped out, the wind hitting me with everything it got. 

Stupid man not seeing what was in front of him. 

I kicked the tire of the car, which was harder than expected. 

"Motherfúcker" I yelled, jumping up and down on one foot. 

He probably needs someone like Alicia. 

Another wave of rage hit me, and I hit the car with everything I had. Pain surged through my hand, and I let out a string of curses. I honestly don't know who I'm angrier with, him or myself. 

I should be celebrating really. 

A liability gone and I had the fun I wanted. 

I felt like a child having a temper tantrum trying to beat up a car. Acting like the child I felt like at the moment, I stomped my feet before letting out a yell and throwing whatever it was I had in my hand. I watched it fly over the field of corn before it landed somewhere in there. After a couple of minutes my heart slowed and the fog that clouded my brain slowly left, even though the anger still remained. Standing in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of fields, a realization crashed down on me. 

I have deep feelings for Niccolo Genovese. 

I had no idea what to do with myself. This had never happened to me before. Nothing I did with Niccolo was anything I hadn't done with other men, but the outcome was so different. It had somehow changed along the way. 

I have lost my own game.

≈≈≈

"You never change, do you?" Alec asked. I had called him with the phone Niccolo had given me, and he was surprisingly in New York. 

I have so much luck that I don't deserve. 

"Always using men as toys. I'm glad Genovese finally thought you a lesson, and dumped you before you emptied him dry" Alec said with some disgust in his tone. Alec never approved of my games. 

I was still pissed about the whole thing, and instead of answering I just sat back in my seat. 

"It was his car, right? It was a damn nice car. Why didn't you take it? It's less than you usually leave with, but this one actually dumped you so I think you should have settled for it". 

If I had know he would give me another one of his lessons I would have walked back to the city. 

"You have no idea how much I'm enjoying this," he laughed, "it's so rare than men actually see through the siren thing you go going on". 

"First of all, he didn't dump me because we weren't dating. Second, it wasn't because he saw through my "Siren thing". His father is forcing him to get married" My anger was still present, and Alec knew exactly how to make it worse. 

"So you were not good enough then? Waow, that has got to sting for you" 

He knew how to push the right buttons to get me to open up, and he was doing a good job. 

"It didn't sting. I'm fine with it. I'm only a little angry at the fact that I didn't get anything out of it aside from amazing sex" I said, my tone neutral. 

Don't let him see the weakness

"Mhhm. So you are telling me that you put your neck on the line for another one of your little games? Risked being killed just because you wanted to play with Genovese?" he asked, disbelief in his voice. 

We both knew the truth, but I was not giving in. 

"That's exactly what I said. Besides, I'm getting a million out of it" 

Alec quickly glanced at me, "You sure about that? You did steal his car and throw away the key". 

"I don't really care about the money. He beat me at my own game, and I want a rematch" I said, a plan forming in my head. 

"How are you going to get that if he is getting married?" 

"I don't know quite yet" I said, a smirk forming on my face

I will show him that there is no better girl for him than me.