Part I

Copyright © 2015 by ItsLexiePers

All rights reserved

This story is a work of fiction. Any names, characters, places and events are a product of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to any person (dead or alive) is purely coincidental.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage or retrieval systems, without permission in writing from the author. The only exception is by a reviewer, who may quote short excerpts in a published review.

--------------

I want to start by saying I am not a native speaker, therefor there are bound to be mistakes. If you see a spelling error or any other errors, feel free to comment.

Not for the light hearted. 

Contains violence and strong language (and a bad ass female heroine)

Just a warning.

***

And all the wrongs she committed

She was numb and she was so co-dependent

But I don't mind, I don't mind

***

I have never feared the darkness, simply because I thrived in it. I was a part of the darkness. I did not fear what crept in the shadows, simply because I was the shadows. Walking home from a hard day at work in the pitch-black night did not frighten me as it would other 25-year old women. The walk home from the hospital always gave me some moments to myself to think, and these moments in the dark, alone, on my way home was something I looked forward to everyday. 

After fumbling with my key to open the door to the apartment building, I finally made my way up the stairs that I walk everyday – this day not being any different. Little did I know what was waiting for me at the place I called home.

Opening the door to my tiny apartment I switched on all the lights on my way to the kitchen. I have always been a person who notices the tiniest of details, always know every escape route, and have an idea of who is in the room. I am never blindsided. This would be the first time.

On my way to switch on the light in the kitchen an arm comes around my neck, pulling me back against a hard chest. I feel the prickle of a stubble brush against my ear when he softly speaks into my ear with an Italian accent 

" Hey baby, you are quite the pretty thing aren't you". Even though the words make me want to throw up, I keep my expression neutral and my body from shivering in disgust. 

"Too bad the boss wants you alive then" he continues. 

I feel myself growing angry, not only with the man that attacked me, but at myself for the fact that I did not check my surroundings when I entered my apartment. My anger was growing fast, keeping me from actually acknowledge his words. As soon as the meaning hit me, I was left in confusion. Immediately my mind went to whom this boss could be, and I could not come up with a single answer that would not end with me dead in a ditch. 

"Why so silent baby?" the dark tenor came from another man in the room, whom I had not noticed.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

How did I let myself get in this situation? I am Eliana Black, I do not get ambushed like this!

As soon as the reality of the situation hit me, I knew I had to act. Before I could come up with a plan, instinct kicked in, and my leg met the private parts of the man holding me. As soon as his arm left my neck, my elbow met his nose and the sound of bones breaking could be heard. 

"B!tch" he muttered, bending over. Landing a kick in his stomach, he fell to the ground. I pulled my foot back, and gave him another kick to the stomach - making him hiss in pain. 

Clearly not having a plan was a bad idea, seeing as the other man in the room now had a gun pointed at me.

This is why I always have a plan

"Now, now catwoman. Even though that was incredibly hot, the boss wants you alive so I suggest that you silently follow me out to the car so we can go and meet him, bene?" the man with the gun said with an even thicker Italian accent then the first man.

 The man moved slowly towards the door, all the while keeping his gun pointed at me.

"You just going to leave your friend bleeding and in pain?" I ask while slowly taking steps towards him.

 I needed time to work out a plan. I had no idea what this boss wanted with me, but I sure as hell was not going to wait and find out.

 "Someone will come and help him as soon as we get you to the boss" he said all the while coaching me to move towards the door. 

I knew that as soon as if I got close enough I could grab for the gun, but that was a risky move. I slowly walked towards him, keeping my eyes locked on the gun. Moving through the door, I knew this would be my chance to either grab his gun or make a run for it. Taking a quick glance towards the stairs I knew I would be shot before I got far. 

The man had said his orders were to get me there alive, which is something I would still be with a bullet in the leg. Grabbing the gun didn't seem tempting either, as the man was focusing all of his attention at me,  making it hard to actually get the gun away from him. This led me to go with option number 3; following and see what happens.

I was thrown into a black sleek car as soon as we got outside my building. As soon as my feet were inside the car, the car started speeding away. Even though New York traffic can be a pain in the ass, this man drove through it like it wasn't even there. I could feel my eyes getting tired with sleep from having worked the night before and the today, and before I could fully take in the danger of it, I fell asleep.