Chapter 64 - "Kangaroos and Koalas..."

Clara's PoV

'Daddy. Daddy. Look. Look at the Kangaroos' Evie said running towards the fence where there was a clump of 4 or 5 kangaroos waiting.

'They're happy' I smiled.

'Only because they know your coming home. I've not seen Avia this happy in a few days. She wouldn't come out of her bed. I've no idea how Lilly managed it' John chuckled, as we went into the fish cave.

There was loads of fish available to have a look at, and the girls were really enjoying it.

'Wow. Look at how awesome the rainbow fish are' I grinned, then I pouted. 'Oh. I can't see the others at the top'

'Let me help' John chuckled, and I gasped as he put his hands on my waist and lifted me up, where I could see the top fish and they were amazing.

I didn't protest at this. But it felt weird and awkward until he dropped me back down and I slid down his body, landing flat on my feet, and found he was staring at me.

'What?'

'You look so happy. I'd forgotten what spending time with you was like. Your so short that it's funny' he joked, pushing a strand of hair out of my face, so I decided to be brave, and leant up on my tippy toes to peck him on the mouth, where he grabbed me and attacked my mouth.

Maybe it was just the heat of the moment and how close and intimate we were right now. It wasn't supposed to be so passionate.

It was only supposed to be a quick peck, but he was the one that grabbed his lips on mine, and he was the one that deepened the kiss.

'I knew you loved Daddy' Avia squeaked as she pulled on the end of my dress and looked up with glitter in he adorable little brown eyes. 'See Evie. I told you she loved Daddy'

'Of course she did' Evie said so much like a grown up. 'All Mummy's and Daddy's love each other' she said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the other fish.

I didn't really have a chance to talk to John, but I heard him chuckled and watched him pull Avia up on his neck for a piggy back.

I smiled to myself for a moment until I felt my phone buzz in my pocket - looking down at yet another threatening text from Danny.

'You alright?' John asked as we headed towards the Koala sanctuary. John hadn't told us but we were about to hold a bloody koala. I never thought I would do something like that.

'I'm fine. It's fine. Just my head' I lied, having not thought about it but now I did I realised my head did actually hurt.

'Listen. I might have over exaggerated when it came to you coming to the house...'

'Look. I'm not getting involved. I haven't been around for 5 years - I'm not going to just intrude on the way you parent them'

'That's not what I meant Clara. There's a spare room at the house were staying in here in Australia... Maybe you can come and stay there, that way I'll get to see you and the girls instead of sneaking out to the hotel'

'Are you sure it's not all moving too fast?'

'Come to ours tonight, we'll have a movie night or something?'

'When at you going back to London? If I carry on teaching at the school then I'm going to need to be back soon - plus how have you managed to keep them out of school?'

'Apparently you can take travel leave if it's educational? I didn't know that - but that's what their getting. So we're staying probably for 3 weeks' he shrugged.

'God. How the hell am I even going to get home? I haven't got any money'

'Well your coming with us obviously'

'I'm not a charity case - and I can't afford economy, let alone premium, I'll just have to sit in the hold or something' I shrugged knowing I'd be able to scrounge it together somehow, even if I have to go into more debt.

'And how are you feeling after the drinking? I didn't know if you'd hit the bottle again?' He mumbled.

'John. It's not that simple. I'm trying so bloody hard and then Danny he just sent me over the edge--'

I was cut off with quite the kiss from him as he mumbled into my face. 'Just don't think about home. Think of this as a fresh start... With your family.
There's two kids over there waiting to have a fun day with their Mum and Dad. Let's go and hold some fluffy Koala Bears and have a great evening' he said taking my hand and pulling me towards the fence.

- - -

'Blimey. The koala bear is the same size as her' I pointed out, as the zookeeper crouched down and let them stroke the koalas.

They were too small to hold them because as I said - they were the same size, but I cried when they handed the fluffy grey bear to me and I felt so hormonal.

'It's just like holding a baby Mummy' Avia said, telling me about how to look after a baby.

'Have you held many babies then?'

'Yeah. They've both held uncle David's new born'

'Oh' I said feeling a little depressed now. Holding a baby. Something that I've never really done. Something I was never really around for.

- - -

So... I've been busy writing again - and have actually publish two new books. Another school one which is practically written "Clara's Choice..." It's pretty similar to Your Dying in several ways but different twists, and then I had an idea for the following plot line whilst I was in San Diego.

I'm working on it but I'm really enjoying reading it - so if you want me to rip at your heart strings then feel free to check it out.

It's called; "John Smith... War Hero..."

"Clara is a Working class woman from London, who meets the man of her dreams whilst she's on holiday, when she bumps into him one afternoon.

They spend 4 magical weeks together - flirting and fun, having the best time of their lives.

Everything is perfect for Clara... Except there's one catch; John is in the Navy... And is leaving for 10 months.

He understands that it would be impossible for Clara to wait 10 months for him having just met her one afternoon and spending 4 weeks together, but will love be stronger than they think?"