Chapter 1- FairyTail's Strongest Team

Darkness. That's what it is. It's darkness. My heart is darkness. Everything I love changes into darkness. That's just how it is. That's how my power is. Nothing can stop it. Except for one little girl. My little girl. Annabel. My dear Annabel. Annabel is a ball of light. She is MY ball of light. She is my little angel. She is the light in my darkness.

"Is everything ok?" Annabel asks as she tugs on the sleeve of my cloak. I just then realized I went into a trance. I nod and smile at Annabel, "Of course, little angel. Now, we should start walking or we'll never make it there in time." We were heading to Mongolia. Why you ask? Because I want Annabel to know what it feels like to be apart of a real family and I know that if she joins a guild, she will have a family. I decided on FairyTail because of their strength and love for each other. I've done research and they seem interesting. Annabel doesn't know where we're going, but she doesn't need to know.

Annabel holds onto my sleeve as we walk, "Where are we going, mommy?" There she goes. Calling me mommy again. I don't mind, but it makes me sad that she doesn't know the truth. It makes me sad that she doesn't even know who or what she is. I have a feeling she'll find out soon, though.

I sigh and smile down at her, "What did I tell you? It's a surprise." She groans and pouts, looking forward. I chuckles, "Come on, Annabel. Smile or I just won't take you.......or I'll tickle you until you surrender." I smirk evilly as a dark aura surrounds me. Annabel squeals and runs in a circle, "NOT THE TICKLE MONSTER!!!!!!!!" I catch her and start tickling her, "Smile!!!" She laughs and tries to push my hands away, "ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT!" I let her down and laugh a bit.

I sigh and continue walking, "Lets go. We don't want to miss the train." I shudder in fear and pick up Annabel. I use some of my magic to run at a VERY fast speed while carrying Annabel bridal-style in my arms. Annabel giggles the whole time. She loves when I do this. I bet she would love my wings. I hear her sleep talking. Sometimes ((*Cough* Most of the time *couch*)) I hear her talking about food, but then at times she talks about flying. I actually wonder if she has her own wings. It would make since. Everybody who is like her has their own wings. I guess she just hasn't figured out how to use them yet.

After about five minutes of running, we make it to the train station. I quickly set down Annabel and we both put up the hoods of our black cloaks for safety reasons. I grab Annabel's hand and start walking towards the train. When we get up to it, we walk in and pick our seats. We see a group of 5 walk on the train. 1 cat and 4 humans. One of the girls in the group has long, scarlet hair. She looks at Annabel and I suspiciously. She narrows her eyes, but then just talks with her group. The girl looks REALLY familiar. Almost like I've seen her somewhere before.....I'll have to do more research later. Annabel sees the girl and squeezes my hand more. I squeeze back as to tell her 'I know.'. I listen to their conversation.

"Get off me, Flamebrain!" I hear one of the guys say. "I'm not on you, Ice Princess!" The other says. Then, I hear them get hit and, I'm guessing the girl from before say, "Stop acting like children, you two." I snicker a bit and look forward. Annabel looks up at me with a confused expression. I smile and shake my head at her. Annabel giggles and swings her feet. The group stops talking for a second, which makes me freeze and listen VERY closely. I hear one of the boys say, "Something smells different. *Sniff* *Sniff* Well, somebody smells different. Almost like.....Dragon! Then there's also somebody who smells like Happy!" I gulp loudly and slowly stand up, pulling Annabel up with me. I try to walk past them towards the exit, but the guy stands in front of me, "You! It's from you two!" I freeze and hide Annabel behind me, "I have no idea what you are talking about, sir."