Chapter 3: T

The smile I bore will always be with me. It tells me the past and present.

In past such that, this world we live in is cruel. If we made a mistake, it would be in our fault and a sin, no matter how small the situation is. It will always be a sin.

We pose a smile to hide our guilt and disgust for a being. We can't do anything so we smile. Right?

We smiled so much that we couldn't stop smiling, even for a minute. It bacame a part of us we hate.

Some have taken the step further to smile forever but why not take it further.

To carve a smile onto your face? Won't that be nice? To smile forever without even trying....that would be nice.

To fake when we don't want too.

So I tried it, carving that smile onto my face. It worked!

But we can't fake a smile forever you know? We do have our limits afterall.

But it does make me look beautiful. Doesn't it?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Late Afternoon

It was the late noon when the screaming and laughing in the woods stopped.

"We can do this all day you three." Clockwork threatened, knife in her hand.

It's been around three hours and the three male proxies are still going strong, not.

They've been around the woods, sending each of the proxies a strike with their own weapon and of course, they were exhausted.

"So? What is the presence?" Nina asked.

"We d-don't know!?" They retorted back in union. They were tired but pissed at the fact that Slenderman left them with no leads or clues.

"Lies. I hate lies." Jeff said out of the blue.

"Look, we telling the truth. We have no clues where to start! All he said was it's in the basement! Please believe us!" Masky pleaded.

"Why should we? I mean what if what Slenderman said was fake or a set up? For I don't know.....proxy evaluation?" Ben said.

"It can't be....I mean it is Slenderman and plus we're already full fledge proxies of his. It's just that we haven't became immortals like you guys yet." Masky murmured.

"Heh, seems Slender ain't what he seems huh? He's probably a monsters luring us to our doom." Laughing Jack teased, making Sally shudder and tear up behind Zero.

"S-slendy would never b-be a monster. Right?" Sally stuttered, afraid of the face less man who she one thought she could trust.

"No! Slenderman is not a monster you dick!" Toby shouted, not stuttering for once.

Is he really not a monster?

"Relax you freaks. Slenderman gotta have a reason for this......." Somebody spoke. Scaring Ben.

Everyone turned to the open door, finding a female teenager, at their doorsteps.

"Who are you?" They all questioned.

"Just a friend of Slenderman, I'm here to stay till he exterminates the presence." She replied, chucking her bag down to a corner of the living room.

"She look familiar." Jeff said

"You look familiar." Jeff pointed at her.

"Is she familiar?" Jeff asked the rest. Receiving chorus of "no's", silence from the rest and questionable faces from those who had no answers