Those Lovely Digits

Chapter 3: Those Lovely Digits!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<

3<3<3

Usually in the summer I totally avoided numbers. I hate math with a passion. But when my mom presented me with some fateful numbers written on a paper, I delicately held the paper close to me, and felt my heart rate increase pathetically.

"Mason stopped by, Hun." Mom had said, casually.

"What? Why? When?" I had started to freak out.

"While you were in the bath."

"What did he want?"

"He gave me a paper with his number. He wants you to text him when you can. Here ya go." She said it so easily. So simple. I snatched the paper and ran to my room.

Questions raced through my mind. When should I text him? How long has he been waiting? What should I say? I decided on brainstorming a few drafts of texts, because yes, I am that pathetic.

"Hey! It's Claire! :)"

"Hi Mason. This is your neighbour Claire!"

"Um hi this is Claire."

"Hey Mason you said for me to text you? Btw it's Claire :)"

The last text seemed perfect. But I was feeling silly.

"Hey babe! It's Claire ;) You wanna talk to meh?" I typed, and laughed at how weird that sounded! I could never send that. I'm not that courageous! I pressed 'Delete' and laughed again.

Sent.

Sent?! OH. MY. LORD. DID THAT ACTUALLY SEND?

Mason is typing.

This is real. Oh. My. Peanuts.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<

3<3<3