Standing Out

Chapter 18: Day 5: Standing Out

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

"Welcome back to The Bachelorette!

I'm your host, Julia, and you're in for another crazy episode today! As the competition gets more intense, the relationships and starting to deepen and the boys find themselves fighting to stand out to Claire!" Julia started.

"This week, Claire has chosen Harry, the quiet and easily-overlooked romantic, to join her on a double-date! Claire has also set up a CRAZY group date for the boys! Claire, are you ready?" Melanie seemed pretty pumped for the group date. I got this idea actually, from watching Desiree's season. It was hilarious! I'm making the boys all compete in The Bachelorette Beauty Pageant, trying to win the group dare rose!

"I can't wait, Melanie! I'm so excited to see what my boys are gonna do! This is gonna be so awesome!" I gushed.

The whole crew went to the auditorium, where the stage was set up. The stage had a big banner across it, and there was a pedestal set up. Lights shined light pink on the stage and music pumped up the place. There were fake roses decorated everywhere, and I laughed when I saw framed pictures of each of the boys hanging on the wall. They were so sweet!

I was on the Judging Panel, so I sat in the front row, middle of the gym, where there was a table placed in front of me with a glass of water, a pad of paper, and a pen. Joining me to judge were Amunet, to represent my Consultants, Mr. Netson, Maiyah (who begged for a moment on-camera like the attention-starved hog she is), and Oliver, who was the lighting specialist and known gentleman (lots of chivalry for a grade nine!)

"Welcome to The Bachelorette's Beauty Pagent! We've got a crazy show for you today! There will be three rounds today. The first is the Casual Attire round, where your boys will come out and individually model some casual clothes the Fashion Course students have designed and sewed especially for them! After is the Crazy Attire round, where the boys will strut in crazy, Lady-Gaga inspired outfits, made again by the Fashion Course students! Lastly, is the talent round, where each boy will have 1 minute and 30 seconds to demonstrate his talent to you on stage. The judges will vote on one winner for each round. The winners will then face off in a 'Pick-Up Line-Off' where they will face against each other using any pickup lines they can think of! They judges will vote on who's lines are best, and the winner is awarded the Group Date Rose! Even though Harry is going on his one-on-one date, he will still be participating. So are you guys ready for round one of The Bachelorette's Beauty Pageant?" Julia exclaimed. I cheered.

"First out, in his custom casual attire look....is Garrett!" Melanie announced. Everybody cheered, as the gorgeous boy came onto the stage, confidently walking and smiling. His eyes sparkled! He was wearing a solid green long-sleeved shirt and blue jeans. He winked at me and I blushed. Garrett turned a 360, and then sauntered off-stage.

"Heeeeeeeeere's Ben!"

Ben walked on stage in a red-and-white striped t-shirt and baggy jeans. He was beaming.

"SO LOUIS TOMLINSON!" He fangirled. He did a girly pose, turned, and strutted offstage, his hip jutted out dramatically.

"Make way for Shane!"

Shane walked fast, looking scared and excited. He was in white jeans and a blue surfer t-shirt. His hair was gelled back and he looked really cute. He smiled at me, and waved. Then he turned, laughing to himself and adjusting his glasses, and walked offstage. Awwwe.

"JONES!!"

I waited for Jones to come onstage. Finally, he cartwheeled on stage, screaming and smiling. He put his hands on his knees...and started twerking! Everybody in the crowd was screaming at him but he just closed his eyes and twerked harder. I looked away. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black jeans, and he didn't even look that bad. But his personality totally ruined it. He finally stopped twerking, and dancing across the stage, quickly turned and duck-faced.