The Day My Life Was Ruined

Chapter 9: The Day My Life Was Ruined

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

"Alright class! We are jumping right into a piece! Since we are all still getting to know each other and building relationships with each other, we are going to do a very different piece to help us build sturdy relationships. I can guarantee you guys will have never done a piece like this. I don't even know what to call it! We are doing a teen version of a hit reality show, but I want you guys to incorporate twists into yit, lots of comedy and it needs to be packed with drama. Now, who wants to find out what reality show we are doing?" Mr. Netson asked. I was seated with Mason to my right, and Jorgie and Amunet on my left. We are whispering and super curious.

"What is it?" Amunet called out.

"THE BACHELORETTE!" Announced Mr. Netson.

The room exploded with cheers and questions.

"Okay quiet down guys! Order in the court!" Mr. Netson joked. "Today we need to pick out everyone's characters, okay? Now, if you are a boy, you are going to be a competitor to win the show and try to have the Bachelorette choose you. Some of you will be serious, and dramatic but I need some of you to be funny and weird characters. Boys, as we assign the girls their roles, I want you to think of what kind of competitor you want to me. I have already chose who the Bachelorette will be. She seems quiet and I want her to come out of her shell. Claire Hiltonne?"

My. Heart. Stopped. PLEASE tell me he had selected me to be a camerawoman instead!

I looked at Mason and he smiled encouraging. I looked with big eyes at Mr. Netson. Why did he say my name?

"Um, yeah?" I mumbled.

"You are going to be our Bachelorette!" He announced. Nononononononononononononono!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

There are 24 kids in my drama class. 12 boys, who are all competitors.

12 girls:

1 Bachelorette (me)

2 co-hosts. (Julia and Melanie)

3 consultants for the Bachelorette (Tiffany, Amunet and Jorgie!) The consultant's job was to give advice and talk to me like an interviewer would.

3 security guards

3 cameramen (or camerawomen)

Starting tomorrow, we would film our show a little bit each day and once the show was finished, we would paste the clips into one big movie. The whole thing was improv. Improv scared me because I always thought of the best comebacks an hour after I could have used them. I was too awkward for this!

At home I was obsessed with The Bachelorette and watched every season, so I thought knew what I was doing.

But this was different.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3