Heart Breaks and Fakes

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Chapter 21: Heart Breaks and Fakes

"I'm not filming this show anymore until the boys who are 'just acting' tell me who they are." I insist.

"Claire, you know Mr. Netson's not going to put up with that."

"I don't give a crap! The thought that Dylan or Garrett or Shane or Mason could end up to be fake... It's too scary."

"But people like Jones could be really sweet too."

"Do you hear yourself?! I'm always gonna see Jones as the annoying freak he is now! I can't ever see myself loving him! This just is too emotional. We need to find out who is real and who's not, preferably before the next filming."

"But the next filming is tomorrow."

"Well, we already know Harry and Garrett are genuine, right? Because of how we overheard them talking out of character?"

"Right. You just need to keep filming and putting this behind you, okay? There's only two boys not being true. Don't sweat it."

"Okay. But from now on, there's no emotion from me. This is strictly a show."

My pep talk from Jorgie helped me. I couldn't stop thinking about which boys aren't being legit, so now I'm just gonna put it behind me. Tomorrow I'm going to do the usual show, and enjoy it. Yesterday, I was so upset that I half-heartedly sent Ben home, and I think Peter got the rose. Today I will send Jones home, and then the hard part starts. All the boys I genuinely like.

"Welcome back to The Bachelorette! Today is going to be a day of healing and rebuilding relationships after a devastating and dramatic episode yesterday that left Claire in pieces. She's been second-guessing all of her relationships now, and with two fakes in her swarm of boys, this season is proving to be the craziest one yet!" Julia said with passion.

Cameras to me.

"Um, today I am taking the boys to a movie at the theatres. I will be spending the time thinking about who seems fake. This date is a good kind of date to, you know, see who stands out, I guess. To be totally honest, I'm kind of out-of-it today. It's a sad day." I say with the least amount of emotion I can muster.

I walk behind the group of boys, thinking about how they used to be MY group of boys. Mason stops walking until he's beside me. I look away from him, not acknowledging him beside me.

I guess he noticed my mood, and assumed I didn't want to talk with him. He put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him as we walked. He kissed the top of my head. I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. He let go of me, and just held my hand. I smiled at him weakly, and he smiled back. Mason was so sweet.

When we got to the movies, I sat between Harry and Dylan. The movie was an action movie, and I was grateful to let myself escape from my boy problems and let my brain focus on the movie. Halfway through the movie, I felt Dylan rest his head against me and cuddle up to me. I just smiled at him.

It was so hard to fight the butterflies he always gave me.

When the lights turned back on, I groaned silently. It was time for my one-on-one date with Harry. He smiled at me nervously.

He planned to take me bowling, and I approved of the idea. Another way to take my mind off the boys.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I just wanted to apologize. I guess I haven't even giving you 100% of my attention. I don't stand out enough for you to really notice me. Just know that I do really like you. It's just hard to have some time with you when you're always crowded with boys. But I think you're so perfect." He said.