Chapter 5

When I woke up, I rolled over to check the time. The clock read 11:30 AM. I scrambled out of bed to put on some clothing. Shit shit shit. How did I sleep this late?

Halfway through getting dressed, I realized it was Saturday. My free day. No training, no practice, just a day for me to do whatever I wanted. I left out a sigh of relief.

I finished getting dressed anyway. I needed to head down to the mess hall since it was almost time for lunch. I stepped out of my room after getting dressed, walked up to the door next to mine, and knocked.

After about a minute of waiting I was greeted by a messy-haired, pale-faced, droopy-eyed Anakin. He rubbed his eyes and looked up at me.

"Wah? Why'd you wake me up?" He mumbled. I giggled at him. "It's almost lunch time dummy. It's okay, I just woke up too."

He let out a moan of protest and went back into his room to change. When he returned, he was wearing a black tank top and a pair of dark grey sweatpants. His hair was still a mess, but he had clearly splashed some water on his face to help him wake up.

I took his hand into mine, and skipped to the mess hall. He just shook his head at me and laughed, refusing to skip alongside me.

~~~

I grabbed my tray and headed for the table that I always eat at. Anakin followed close behind me. Mara Jade and Jacen were already at the table when I got there. They looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Padme! How's your training going?" MJ smiled at me. I smiled back. But glanced over at Anakin when he sat down next to me. "It's alright, I guess. But it was a lot better before I had to help Kylo with the asshole over here."

Anakin glared at me, then lightly punched me on the shoulder. MJ and Jacen started laughing.

"Speaking of which," Jacen asked, "who is this new rival of mine? I don't believe you've introduced us to him."

Anakin gave me a sideways glance. "Who is he? And how am I his rival?" He sent his thoughts to me. "Don't ask. He thinks I'm his girlfriend. And you're his rival because he thinks you're hotter than he is."

Anakin giggled. Jacen glared at him, then looked back to me. "Ahem? Who is he? You still haven't told us."

I swallowed my food. "Guys, this is Anakin. Anakin Kenobi. My father took him in as an apprentice due to his force sensitivity." Jacen just rolled his eyes, but MJ's jaw dropped. "Kenobi? Like Obi-Wan Kenobi? He trained Anakin Skywalker, right?"

She looked over to Anakin. "Is that why your name is Anakin? How are you related to Obi-Wan? Can you..." I stomped on her foot and gave her a glare."Hey! I'm just curious." She looked down to towards her tray of food.

Anakin glared at me and then gave her a sympathetic look. "Yes, like Obi-Wan Kenobi." He said. MJ glanced up at him. "I'm his great-grandson. He fell in love with another Jedi after Anakin Skywalker turned to the Dark Side. They had a son, and when that son grew up, he got married and had a child, whom is my mother. Or used to be..." He trailed off, clearly not wanting to talk about it anymore.

I reached my hand over to his and laced our fingers together. He looked over at me with sadness in his eyes. Luckily, the bell to dismiss all of us rang. Anakin and I stood up and dumped our trays before walking back to our rooms in silence.

A little past halfway through the walk back, I took his hand in mine. He tightened his grip around my fingers. I looked up and saw a teardrop slide down his cheek. I brushed it away with my thumb.

We stopped outside of his door. He let go of me and dropped his arm to his side. I started to walk away, thinking he didn't want to talk. But he grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. As soon as I faced him, he slammed his lips into mine. My eyes went wide from shock, but I kissed him back anyway. 

He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He removed one hand from my thigh for a moment, but only to hit the button to open the door to his room. He stepped backwards, still holding me, into his dark bedroom. 

I ran my fingers through his hair. His dark brown, tangled mess of hair. He laid me down on the bed, still kissing me. I let out a moan of pleasure. Anakin took advantage of this moment that I allowed my lips to part. His tongue brushed against mine.

I pulled on his hair and he jerked away. "Ow! That hurt!" He whined, rubbing the back of his head. I rolled my eyes at him. "Way to ruin the moment, Ani."

"Fine then." He smirked,and leaned down over top of me once again. I started to put my arms around his neck, but he grabbed my wrists and pinned me to the bed. "Is it just me, or is this deja vu?" I asked him. He laughed. "Sure as hell is."

He kissed my cheek, then my jaw, neck, collarbone. He kept moving downward until he stopped on my stomach. He looked down at my shorts, reaching his hand towards them.

My breath caught in my throat. "An... Anakin stop." He unbuttoned the top button to my pants. "Anakin! Please stop!" But he was in a different world. It was like every word I was saying went in one ear and out the other.

I yanked hard on his hair, but that just made him tighten his grip on my wrists. I hated to do it, but I had no other choice. I lifted up my leg and kneed him in the jaw. Hard.

He fell to the floor, clasping him jaw. "What the Hell?!" He screamed at me. I started to cry. "I... I'm sorry, but you couldn't hear me! You weren't listening!" His eyes filled with rage.

"I thought joining the First Order would change everything! I wouldn't have to deal with my mother, my father, or my annoying brother!" I saw a flash of yellow in his irises. "But you have made my life a living hell!" Get out! NOW!"

I scrambled for the door, and ran out of his room and in to mine. Family? Brother? Why does he never talk about them?

Although I wanted answers, that what not  the true problem at hand. His eyes. They turned yellow for a moment. Yellow... The Dark Side was consuming him, and I was afraid that soon, there will be no Anakin left in him.