Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

~Rose~

"Looks like we got ourselves a hand servant." I said. "Fezec, do you know anything about any route to Fervan that isn't suicide?"

"What she means is do you know any other possible path to Fervan that is safe or safer?" Zimrith clarrified and I nodded in agreement. It was, indeed, what I wanted to know.

Fezec shuddered at the thought of going to Fervan. "No, and I would advise you not to go there. You wouldn't want to get massacred by the Fire Dwarves. Or the Dark King's army."

"You mean they've invaded the dwarves' territory, too?" Zimrith stared Fezec in suprise.

Delanie spoke up. "Maybe we don't have to go through Fire Dwarf country. We could take a detour..."

~Zimrith~

I brightened at the words of detour. I could save us a long trip and a treacherous one. We might be able to make it home alive, I thought joyously. But, as always, my joy and hope was short lived.

~Rose~

After a few days of camping out, Fezec was starting to get used to his new surroundings. And he soon became a part of thr group though we still kept a wary eye on him.

~

I looked around for Delanie sitting near the fire, reading a scroll, yellowed with age, most likely a map or a fragment of a story or some Elvin poetry.

I plopped down on a stump near the fire and asked her, "I'm curious, where does this detour lead us?"

"Well, it would go through awfully mountainous terrain...and the very edge of Fire Dwarf territory, but other than that, it's a walk in the park- though there are chances of encountering orcs." Delanie replied.

~Zimrith~

I heard Delanie's reply from where I was sitting in my tent, shuffling through my backpack. I frowned. That didn't sound much better than fire dwarves, though I hadn't encountered eith, but both sound very dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. But, perhaps, orcs were better.

I sighed. I just had to trust Delanie and Rose's judgment.