Chapter four - CC perspective

CAMILAS P/V

JULY 3RD 2016

13 MONTHS AND 30 DAYS LEFT.

'Cabello, Is that your name?' she asks.
Considering I'm not very witty, and have trouble coming up with replies, even in the calmest of situations, I panic not knowing what to say. Every word that comes out of 64's mouth is funny and poetic and thought through. Like she is reading her life from a script. I feel obligated to do the same. The only thing I can think of is something she said to me, 'I want you to unravel me', it is kind of strange for someone I just met five minutes ago but it teased me, it caused me to want to unravel her. And I'm assuming she wants to unravel me, given that she gave me a number as a name to prevent us from becoming basic acquaintances. Hence my answer, 'You've unraveled me quite a bit 64.'
I felt so nervous to give a slightly witty reply I almost stuttered. She is very mysterious and she told me to be, so I immediately turn around to end the conversation with a 'bang'. I turn around to find a confused yet arrogant looking guard. He has one eyebrow raised and is clenching his equipment belt tightly, giving me a degrading look.
'Come with me '68',' he says mockingly.
I follow him to a door that has a plate that says 'office' on it. He opens the door and closes it behind me.
I'm looking at the back of a spinning chair. I want to open my mouth letting the person in the chair know that I'm here but before I can make my move the man speaks up.
'Karla Cabello?' a deep voice asks.
The chair spins in my direction. The man in the chair looks over his glasses up from, presumably, my case.
'Yes, that's me. Nice to meet you.'
'Welcome to SCI Port Charlotte, I'm officer Davenport, I'm your counselor, you can always come to me for help or when you're struggling adjusting to life in prison. I was instructed to meet you especially. As you probably already figured, your parents called in for a private dorm. Now, I recommend you keep your privilege to yourself as it could cause other inmates to get jealous. I know prison guards and correctional officers are know for overlooking fights and threats between inmates, mistreating inmates and not looking out for their best interest. I want you to come to me when stuff like that happens okay?' he says.
'Thank you, that's very nice,' I say, floating in confusion. 'But, I would like to get a shared dorm, I don't want this privilege. As you can tell I'm not all that tough and I am pretty naïve even if I say so myself. I am afraid this room will bring me nothing but trouble.'
Mr. Davenport smiles and sighs, 'Look miss Cabello, I get this might be overwhelming and it might not sound like a good idea, but why don't you think about it? Sleep on it, won't you?' he asks comfortingly.
'When can I make a call?' I ask.
'Normally you are not to have contact with the world beyond the gates during your introduction trial, but I will arrange for you to make a call.' He smiles.
I am beyond confused with the polite and gentle treatment I'm receiving. I don't know what this man wants from me, is it my body? Is it my money? Or is this man genuinely nice and I'm just having trouble trusting him?
'Come with me, I'll bring you to the phones,' he says.
I look for 64 in the hallway as I come out, but she has already left.
'Who are you going to call? If I may be so bold to ask,' he asks while locking up.
'I would like to go over some stuff with my parents,' I say.
I follow Mr. Davenport down the hall. I look at 64, who is now standing in her door probably curious as to what I was doing in 'the office'. I give her a confused look, and she gives me a questioning one.
Once arrived at the phones, I ring my mother's phone number. In my head I go over the things I'm going to say to her.
'Hello, inmate from SCI Port Charlotte,' my mother greets me jokingly.
'Funny. Mom, what the heck did you guys do?'
'What do you mean, sweetie?'
'Why do I get a private dorm? Why do I have a counselor? Why was there a meeting set up for me? We've been over this, I don't want your stupid money involved in my business!' I whisper-yell.
'Karla! Watch your mouth! Listen, Port Charlotte is known for their 'incredibly-easy-to-bribe guards', your father insisted on getting you exactly what you needed to be comfortable. We both know this isn't the place for a girl like you. You're as Pisces as they come honey. We wanted to make sure you had a safe place and person to go to. We're just looking out for your best interest mija.'
'Mamá... ¿¡qué hiciste!?'
'Just keep the room. I promise it will do you good mija.'
'If I get into any trouble at all because of my privileges I want a shared dorm ASAP!'
'Buenas noches mi amore. Ten cuidado.'
I instantly hang up. Due to all the commotion I forgot to tell her how I'm doing. I feel guilty, but I'm still upset about the stunt they pulled.
Once I enter the dorm hallway I stop at number three, wanting to invite 64 into my dorm.
I wanted to call out her name but since I don't know it I almost call her by 64. Just in time I realize how dumb it would sound to call out a random number and have someone come to me. I don't want to degrade 64, so I stick my hand through the railing and poke her arm. I smile at her through the bars because I'm too short to look over them. She looks at me, expecting me to tell her what I'm doing here. I push myself up on my tip toes and put my chin on the metal causing my cheeks to grow fat an chubby.
Through my chubby cheeks I smile at her, I open my mouth but before I can say anything she quickly holds up her finger and places her head on her hands.
'Has anyone ever told you that you are cute?' She smiles.
My face turns blood red at her comment. I step back pulling my head of the bars. I look down confused and embarrassed. Silence floods the room, both of us are avoiding eye contact and I am confident she regrets complimenting me. All three of 64's roommates look at me judging and expecting me to do something. 64 uncomfortably pushes herself up, her face now, just like mine, red as a fire alarm.
I can hear her swallow, I can hear that she is incredibly nervous and full of regret. I feel bad for her, these Cuban ladies judging and me stepping away from her is probably making things much worse. So I decide to just reply,
'No, not ever.' I realize how not-comforting my reply is, it was short and insensitive, so naturally I patch it up with more uncomfortable chatter.
'So I wanted you to come to my dorm. I wanna talk to you,' I smile.
Without making eye contact she slides down the ladder and follows me to my dorm.

'Welcome to casa di Cabello!' I joke.
64 smiles at me and enters my dorm.
'I'm sorry I jumped on you like that, that was so embarrassing,' she says.
'No I'm sorry I overreacted, it was just a simple compliment and I acted like you asked me to marry you,' I say hoping to let it past us.
'Whatever, tell me what happened in 'The office,' she says.
'Well I told you about this room and how my parents got it for me, right? Well they also got me a counselor and I can basically get everything I want if I just make a special request to Mr. Davenport,' I say.
'What?! Why? That's fucking weird.'
'Well my parents said that I'm too Pisces to go to prison without supervision...'
'What the hell?! That's ridiculous, Pisces are the sweetest, sincerest, most caring people that I know, they're not weak. They're actually pretty bad ass. Feisty and sexy signs,' she teases.
I don't really know what to do with another compliment being thrown my way so I just confirm her summary to get her closer and closer to fully unraveling me.
'Yes exactly! We are sexy and feisty! Ay that was pretty spot on, turns out you know more than you thought.'
A cute smile peeps right through her mysterious appearance.
'So... you are a Pisces? That means you were born in March?' she asks.
'Well some February babies are Pisces too but yeah I'm a Marchie,' I smile.
She chuckles, 'Okay okay let me guess, March... 15th?'
'Nope.'
'27th?'
'Nope.'
'30th?'
'Nope.'
'Ooh ooh first like Justin Bieber?'
'Mmm closer.'
'Fourth?'
'Nope.'
'Fifth?'
'Nope gotta go down again,' I say.
She squints her smoky eyes and tilts her chin,
'Oohh third?'
'Ding ding ding,' I chuckle.
She shoots her eyes at mine and locks them in place causing my heart rate to go up.
'Something something Cabello from Cuba, lives in Miami, born on March third, feisty and very sexy,' she says mysteriously.
'Well well well, you know pretty much all my passport information and I don't even know your name... you know I almost just yelled 64 across your dorm? It would be a little weird if a random girl comes in, yells 64 and another girl would get up and "obey" her. Its so degrading. Plus, I just really want to know your name,' I say, my heart still pounding in my chest. 'I can't make a puzzle without the pieces, give me one and I'll find the rest,' I say trying to sound as mysterious and sexy as 64.
'Okay, but you understand I can't just give it to you like that. You'll have to find it,' she says with a raspy voice.
'Okay, and how do I do that?' I ask.
'My prisoner ID is somewhere on my body and you're gonna have to find it. Search me.'
'Any restricted areas?' I ask teasingly.
'Nope, none, I'm all yours,' she says, causing me to shiver.
I feel my heart rate go up massively, and my entire body heating up. 64's eyes still locked on mine. She lifts both her arms and gets into position. I take a deep breath and get down on my knees. I start at her stomach, I clamp both my hands around her waist, from there I put both my hands on her stomach. As my palms travel down to her lower stomach I feel her sucking in her belly. I can almost feel her rapid heartbeat under my fingers. I swerve my hands down to her thighs clamping my right hand onto her inner thigh. I feel her entire body tighten as I do. She puts her hand on my head, I look up, 'It's not there,' she says nervously.
'Getting nervous? This was your idea remember?' I tease.
I look back down and slowly letting my hands travel down her leg. Once arrived at her ankle I switch to the other one. I make sure to, very slowly, trail up her leg. I pause at her knee making sure to build up the tension. Even slower I slide up her thigh, about half way up I hear her skip a few breaths. I chuckle. My hands going as slow as possible I reach her inner thigh, wanting to tease her even more I make sure to go as high as possible. When my pointer finger touches her crotch I feel her twitch. I chuckle and get up, her short breaths now crashing in my face. I Chuckle once more and proceed with the search. Looking her straight in the eye I place both my hands on her back traveling up to her shoulder blades and back down to her butt. A cup both my hands on both her butt cheeks. I slide my hands over to her hips, take them off and put them on her neck. I spread all my fingers making sure to get every little spot from her collarbones to her shoulder blades. I spread my arms following hers. I hold this position for a little bit but proceed shortly after by putting my hands right above her breasts. When I slide my hands around her breasts I stumble upon a little bump.
'Found it,' I whisper.
She exhales and unbuttons her suit and pulls the ID out of it. I snatch it out of her hand eager to know her name.
'Lauren M. Jauregui.'