Chapter 7

Hello there my lovely readers. Here is the next part to A bunch of bitter lies. Hope you guys enjoy :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Alice’s P.O.V-----

All throughout the car ride I couldn’t keep the smile off my face. Once Charlie pulled over I turned my head to him.

“Wanna come in for a cup of tea or coffee?”

“You okay with that? I mean you don’t have to now that we are going out. I mean I want you to be comfortable with me being there. But I’m not gonna do anything. I swear on my grand-“

“I’m gonna put the kettle on.”

Before I was able to get out Charlie pulled my hand. When I looked back at him his face was filled with concern.

“What’s wrong Charlie?” He took a breath in and stared into my eyes.

“I want you to be comfortable with you inviting me into your house. Not only am I stepping in as your boyfriend but it’s the first ever time I’m going in.” Charlie put his hands on my cheeks and slowly rubbed them. “I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable in your own home. That’s not right. Maybe we can do it another night.”

“That’s what she said...” I mumbled, hiding the giggle that fought to come out.

Charlie drank the hot chocolate from his mug as he stared at me. It was kind of creepy since he has been doing that for the last ten minutes since he stepped into the house. He sat on the single sofa in the corner of the room while I sat on the large one facing the T.V. I was a little hurt when he picked that seat because it meant I couldn’t sit next to him, but I kept quiet.

“What?” I asked with a sigh facing his way, a little annoyed.

“Can I sit next to you?” He asked nervously. “Please?”

“Is that honestly what you were looking at all this time?” I asked a little amused. He shrugged his shoulders and looked down as he blushed.  “Come here.” I said as I patted the seat next to me.

Twenty minutes later we were into our second cup of hot chocolate with blankets on top of us. Charlie’s arm was over my shoulder, rubbing back and forth, creating more warmth during the icy cold night as we watched a movie on the T.V.

-----Charlie’s P.O.V-----

I stared down at the sleeping figure next to me. She was snoring slightly due to her blocked nose. I slowly moved the hair away from her smooth soft skin. You couldn’t tell she was in her forties, probably in her early thirties.

I carried her up the stairs and took her into her room. I knew it was he room since I saw her coming out from when she got changed into some jogging bottoms and a plain top. I laid her down softly onto the bed and put the blanket over her. Just when I was about to get up  she pulled me down on top of her.

“God, you are so heavy Charlie.” She grunted, her voice covered in a thick layer of sleep.

“Well, then next time you won’t pull me down on top of you. God, you women are strong. Oh and sorry if I hurt you.” I quickly apologized. “Now go back to sleep, I’m gonna go home.”

“No stay.” She pleaded. I shook my head and gave her a peck on the lips.

“I can’t. I want you to feel com-“