Chapter One

Me and Annabeth were sitting on the bed, she with her legs curled and a book held up to her nose. I sat besides her, twirling a strand of  her blonde hair. "You know, Wise Girl, there are more fun thing to do than read a book," I said kissing her neck.

She scoffed. "Cmon Percy, you know boys and girl aren't supposed to even be in the same cabin. Chiron is trusting us, and I don't wanna abuse that trust."

You're so full of it, I thought, scooting a little further away. Annabeth had begun pulling away about a week ago, about halfway through the summer. She always made excuses to avoid hanging out, saying that she had to study for the upcoming school year, in which she'd be moving all the way across the country to attend, at Camp Jupiter.

Our original plan had been to go together, but it had been two years since then, and most of our take was spent at Camp Half-Blood, training to recruit, and helping the Romans and Greeks get along as they began living together. It was rough at first, because they were natural enemies, but with our help, they began to be harmonious.

But things had changed between me and Annabeth. Along with Romans against Greeks fighting, and us dividing on sides, another problem was our time in Tartarus. At first, it had only brought us closer because we shared the nightmares and the PTSD. But she had already began to heal while I did not,and it made me so angry. How could she be so lucky to forget while I was cursed with the memories...

I didn't feel her wrap her arms around my shoulders at first, but I felt her lean her face into the crook of my neck. I was so angry at her again, but she stroked my arm slowly. "Percy, there's something we need to talk about," she gulped, "I'm gonna .be moving away to California and I don't think that we-"

Suddenly, there was a cold draft filling my cabin, and the shadows began to stretch outward, forming the outline of a body. There was a loud moan of agony and we both drew our weapons, which we would soon see unnecessary. There lanky, weak figure leaning against the fountain in the cabin, trembling before they collapsed. He fell face first into the salt water fountain and we both rushed to aid him.

"Oh gods!" Annabeth shrieked. "It's Nico! Go gods Percy! He's bleeding and...there's a welt on his head. Percy, we've gotta get him to the infirmary."

I opened the door and we ran to the infirmary, Nico's head was nodding from side to side. He was pale and remained entirely still, moving only because me and Annabeth we practically shaking him. Please gods, don't let him be dead.

"Chiron! Chiron! We have an emergency!" Annabeth bellowed.

As she laid Nico down on the bed, already Apollo kids rushed to him and Chiron trotted in. They all moved quickly, lifting his head so he could drink the Nectar, and forcing pieces of ambrosia down his throat with their fingers. They undressed him, pulling off his shirt and pants, revealing large claw makes from his left shoulder to his right pectoral and other bruises and cuts, suggesting he was attacked and barely escaped.

Slowly, they poured ambrosia in the cuts, and then applied Neosporin to it after they healed as much as they could. They sat him up carefully, and it took two people to pass the bandage around so it was secure around him. They pulled a blanket over half of his body and put an ice pack on his head. He whined in his sleep tried to pull the blanket over him entirely, but Will Solace was not having it.

Annabeth took a seat besides Nico and brushed his hair back from his forehead. "He's burning up." She whispered. "Percy, do you think he'll be okay?"

I felt a shaky breath when she looked at him like that. Her gray eyes more caring and compassionate than they were with me. And I wondered if she had looked at me like that in the moments before Nico appeared. Like she felt sorry for me...cause she knew it was gonna hurt when she broke it off. "Yeah, he's been through worse. He's tough, he'll make it through." I managed to say without any break in my voice.