Chapter Seven

**Percy POV**

I knock on Cabin 13's door, and upon impact with the door, an electrocuting shiver exploded at the base of my spine. The door swung open, and Bianca glared through thick strands of hairs and tired eyes. "Yea?" She asked, with more dull tone.

"I know that...that things have been especially rough since-"

"He'll be back," she interrupted, "and when he does, we can do the whole make up thing and whatever. Then gods know, we'll fight again, he'll leave and it's a huge cycle. Is that all you wanted?" 

"...did Jason really run off with him?" 

She rolled her eyes. "Of course he did, Jason is the only person Nico really loves. He can't be without his precious blonde hair and blue eyes-" she growled. "Look, I'm sure they'll be back soon, and you can give Nico all of your puppy eyes-"

"H-hey! I don't have-" 

"Oh shut up," She snapped, "Look, Jackson, I know you got your ass dumped, Okay? But YOU ARE NOT GAY. And you are not interested in my Nico. So if he does come back, and I see you lurking around I will ensure you end up in my father's realm well before you time. GOOD BYE!" 

She shook the entire cabin, and I kicked the door in response. "You don't know anything about me!" I snarled. "You don't know anything about who I really am! I'm not just some great hero, in fact I barely feel like a hero at all! I feel lost! And scared and you don't know how fucked up that is! I'm miserable and Nico was the only person who even understood! So you don't need to tell me that I'm not gay! Because I know that...but Nico was the only person who even bothered to listen." I pressed my face into the door, feelings a strange sense of release having gotten that off my chest and out into the open. But now I had no where to go with it. 

I took a sharp breath, being stunned and unexpected sobs broke from my throat. I turned away, covering my face from the already looking campers straight into Cabin # 3. I wiped my eyes once inside, and tossed myself down on one of the bunks. I hugged a pillow like i once hugged her and sobbed into it. 

It was all too much. 

**Nico POV**

Rubbing my eyes, I sat up, only to find that Golden Boy was already sitting up, wide away. 

"Day five," He laughed, "and it is ten in the morning. What is your excuse?"

"I was guarding you, Sleeping Beauty. Don't worry, no dragons came to harm you." 

I stood. "You ready to get a move on?" 

"I am but, Nico, where are we even going?" 

I shrugged. "Do you mean philosophically? Cause i have no clue-"

"Literally," He said, irked by my sarcasm, "c'mon Neeks, not everything is a sarcastic comment." 

I shrunk back a little bit, like a turtle retreating to its shell. "You're right, I'm sorry," I apologized sincerely, "And i truly don't know where we are going. Do you have a certain destination?" 

Jason shrugged. "I'm not sure...I-" He stopped and shook his head. 

"What?" 

"I just...it's been five days and I just...like...I'm already homesick. I don't know how you do it. Stay away for so long and not miss it."

His head hung forward, like he was ashamed of his words and I felt ashamed knowing my friend felt this way and I didn't even see it. Although, to make things more fair to me, I was never really good at reading people. 

"I get homesick," I admitted, to his surprise, "Trust me, when I'm all by myself, I miss everything. I miss...I miss Bianca, even though we fight. I miss the campfires and fighting will other campers. I even miss Will...gods I miss him a lot, you know?" 

Suddenly, I felt myself crumbling inside, but I remained standing, looking upwards to keep tears from falling down. "I guess that's why I was so...well fond of him. I've gone out of the way to ignore him and...oh well. I miss my sisters and my friends and...well...I haven't been so homesick because I have the person I'm usually most homesick for." 

"Me?" Jason asked. 

"Yea. I mean...you're my best friend, the only person who seems to understand the things I do and why I do them...why would I need to be homesick when my home is here with me?" 

Then there was one of those moments; where our eyes met and our lips twitched. He moved stood, moving closer to me. His hand went to my hip and lingered, his touch burning through my shirt. Our eyes were still met, and he had a strange look of awe as his eyes focused on my mouth. I pulled myself closer into him, my heart thudding as he started to lean down. 

Maybe he was just a nervous as I was....or maybe he just realized what he was doing, but at the last moment, when our lips were about to brush, he turned his cheek...and my kiss fell there instead. 

I looked up at him in horror as he shamefully looked at the ground...forcing me to look away too. 

Don't be dumb, I thought, don't be dumb and please...please...don't cry.

But already, my face was scrunching up and I opened my mouth to say something, but a loud hiccup came up. Jason looked up at me, his eyes just as pained as mine. He pulled me into him, and sighed. "I'm just not there...yet." 

____

A/N

I apologize very much for such a delay. So far this school year has been wild...but far better than ever before. I'm happier than I've ever been. 

-Mia