Chapter Three

**Percy POV**
I didn't knock because Bianca shouted behind me, "He's sleeping and if you wake him, Jackson...it's your funeral." I jumped a little bit and turned to her. She jumped up the steps and crossed her arms. "What do you want, anyway?"

"Want?" I questioned. "Why do I have to want anything?"

Her eyes narrowed at me, "everyone still gets bad vibes coming up to our cabin, and you look nervous too. So what do you want-"

"I just wanted to see Nico," I finally answered. "After all he showed up in my cabin. I haven't seen him since..."

Bianca looked a lot like Nico with a lot  of distrust she could not shred. But she accepted it and pushed open the door.

I expected him to be laying down...and alone. But in front of the shirtless Nico do Angelo was the handsome, freckled face of Will Solace with eyes shut. At first, I feared we had walked into something, er, inappropriate. Then I realized although it was not inappropriate, it had been intimate.

I couldn't see Nico, but I saw that Will's eyes were shut tight and that his tanned hand was holding tight to Nico's.

"Nico," Bianca said, "Percy is-Oh...am I interrupting something?"

He turned around and stared murderously at the two of us. Just as his attention turned, Will seemed to lose all color in his face at once and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. Nico turned back as Will began falling on the bed. 

"Whoa, hey!" Nico lifted Will's head carefully and brushed his thumb over his cheeks. "Bianca! You can't just interrupt...."

"It's my cabin too, and I didn't know. Nico, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...." Bianca snapped back.

He waved his hand at us that caused Bianca to cross her arms and squint.

Nico was laying Will down properly and whispering to him.

Will's mouth moved, and his eyes reopened, staring at Nico like there was nothing more important in the universe.

"I know," I took his hand. "I know. But it's alright..."

"Nico, I need to talk to you..." I found myself blurting.

Nico spun and stared at me, eyebrows raised. I had nothing really to say to him and I don't even know why I had come in the first place, but I seeing Nico be so gentle with Will made me need to call attention to myself. Part of me felt guilty about calling attention to me... But the majority of me didn't care. I wanted Nico to just talk to me.

Nico nodded, "Bianca, will you...watch Will. Do not let him get up, trust me he's just as stubborn as you. C'mon, Jackson-"

Nico started walking towards me and my breathing was faint.

"Remember what I said Jackson," Will blurted, sitting up and glaring, "Remember that."

My brain had been swarming with things to say...but with Will's words my mind stopped on Nico.

"Cmon," I said. "I just want to talk."

~~~

"So...wow...Annabeth and you...just wow. I always thought...you two...just wow."

Nico was stunned as we say together by the lake. My feet were submerged in the chilling water but he sat cross legged besides me; he hated water. And for some reason, this fact made my heart sink.

"Yea, I know," I hummed back. "I think everyone thought that."

I drummed my hands on my thighs, my curse of ADHD, kicking in. Sitting still was killing me...but sitting with Nico wasn't so bad.