Chapter Nine

bad bad bad.

this is so so bad

ahhhhhhhhhhh

**Jason POV**

Nico was setting up the tent while I created a fire pit. We were in the middle of a large grass field in the middle of nowhere, Nebraska, the sun was tiredly hanging in the skyline, and it would be soon that we would sit together in the grass. 

I inhaled and slunk  down, flicking on match on the box and throwing it into the pile of sickly plants. I nodded, and looked back at Nico, who was rolling out our sleeping bags on the floor. 

"Got it?" I called. 

"Got it," He confirmed, climbing out of the tent and taking a seat besides me.

We sat together, basking in the safety that we often found in each other. Months together, running away from the world we known, and we still spent every second together, even if we didn't need to. 

He leaned against me, and I looked at him from the corner of my eye. "Tired?" 

"Very," He murmured, a sweet smile in the corner of his lip. "So I was thinking, maybe it' time to go back." 

So much for that warm feeling in my chest. The thought of going back made my stomach drop. We wouldn't be together like this anymore; without worry of rumors, or the gossip. These past months had been the best months of my life, just me and him. I wasn't sure I was ready to give it up. I definitely wasn't ready to give him up, and I had this horrible fear that if we went back Will would be waiting. 

"Go back?" I whispered. 

"To the camp. I...I think it's time to stop running away. I guess I've been thinking a lot about it, and it's not fair to my sisters especially. I'm running away from Will, and...and I think I have the power now to just tell him to back off." 

"Yea?" I questioned. That made this less painful. 

"Yea," he responded, "I'm ready to stop running away. Not that I didn't love running away with you." His always icy fingers intertwined with mine. "Jason...there's something I want to tell you, and before I do, I want you to promise me something, okay? Don't let this ruin our friendship." 

"Okay," 

I felt nauseatingly nervous all of a sudden, and i felt like i couldn't breath but I tried to stay calm. He was quiet, which only made matters worse. "Jason-" 

I couldn't take it. I couldn't handle whatever bad thing he was going to say, so I shut him up the best way I could. It had been two years since the last time anything had happened between us, but the familiarity of his lips made it seem like it was something regular for us. Much to my surprise, he didn't push me off, he kissed me back. 

"Jason," He murmured against my mouth, "I was going to say I'm in love with you..." 

I laughed, suddenly relieved. "Really?" 

"Really," He laughed back. 

"I love you too," 

~~~~

**Will POV**

The Fates were being very generous with Jason Grace, who had managed to go from critical condition to stable in a matter of hours. But the Fates do not deserve all the credit. I did spend about an hour using the best of my healing abilities until I physically could not anymore. 

It was eleven at night, the same night we buried Nico, and I refused to burn another shroud. 

I was exhausted and unable to stand ( anytime i tried, my knees gave out and I collapsed), but I wanted to stay awake. Jason's deep wounds were sewn shut and already mostly healed, but they would leave scars that would last a lifetime. He could wake any minute and I didn't want him to wake up alone. Well, that...and I wanted to know about the various hickies around his collarbones. And yes, i could tell they were hickies and not just average bruises, I was a doctor. 

I could only think that Nico left those marks on Jason before...well...yea. I couldn't stand the thought of it, Nico with someone else, it made me sick. Nico had been the love of my life, and i truly mean that. I had screwed up big time when I got jealous and I understood why he ran away...

But to run to Jason, of all people, it hurt most of all. 

**Jason POV**

"Are you sure?" I asked, leaning my head back as he grazed his teeth over my collarbone. 

"I've never been more sure about anything," he said, "I love you, Jason." 

"I love you too, Nico."