Chapter Two

**Percy POV**

"Finally, Grace," I shouted, as his figure walked down the swaying grass hill, "I thought I was being stood up!"

Jason chuckled , "I'm like three minute late. I'm sorry, all powerful Percy Jackson. I pray for your mercy."

I didn't want to laugh at his sarcastic humor, but his sass spoke to me on a personal level.

"Alright, alright are we gonna battle? Or are we gonna just talk?"

"Talk while I get ready for battle," the son of Jupiter compromised as he pulled on his armor. "Nico is up and walking around, in case you wanted to know."

My heart raced a faint bit as I thought about him walking around camp like normal. "Are you sure? I saw the condition he was in when he arrived, it didn't look like the kind of stuff you recover from in three days."

Jason nodded, looking down at his chest and nodded, "ready?"

No, I thought, I want to gossip more. I saw the condition he was in...and even if he healed physically, wouldn't there be mental scars.

But I swung Riptide at Jason and he raised his sword to block it. We went head to head, trying to show each other up but talk as casual friends like we normally did.

"Think Will used his healing powers?" I asked, ducking under Jason's swing.

"I wouldn't doubt it," he shrugged, twirling the blade in his hand, "I mean...everyone knows Will is still in love with him."

I felt a strange twinge of guilt in my stomach as I recalled what Will had said to me about Nico being hard to get over. I never really cared much about them dating, which meant I hadn't cared when they broke up. I mean, I care because my friend was sick from heartache, but you know what I mean. I always figured it had been Will who broke up with Nico, but as I thought more and more...why would Will still be in love with him if he was the one who broke things off.

I was so lost in thought that when Jason swung, I didn't move. His blade ripped through my skin like tissue paper, and scarlet oozed down my cheek. It stung no more than a little scratch.

"Jackson! Are you- dude, I'm sorry, I thought-"

"Hey, whoa, it's alright," I said, touching the cut with my left hand, "it doesn't even hurt. I just...I was just thinking about Will."

"Will? Why?"

The idea of sharing my thoughts was tempting, but as I glanced at him, I felt embarrassed. I couldn't admit to him about what Will had said to me without making it clear my thoughts had been constantly on Nico for three whole days.

"Never mind, do you...hey I gotta run, but we'll finish this later,"

I was already steadily moving away, only to run into the person I'd been escaping from. Her grey eyes looked frustrated and like they'd seen too much. "This can't wait any longer,"
_____
Although I was inevitable, and I saw it coming, steady with no signs of slowing, it still rolled over me like a giant boulder, crushing everything. I stared at the ceiling, as there were knocks on my doors.

"Percy, please....I'm sorry. I just-"

Let her ramble on, I thought, I just won't answer.

After everything we'd gone through, I truly thought she was the one I was going to spend my life with, after how much we spared for each other, after we both stood face to face and Death's Door, literally, after seven years with her.