Epilogue

HE'S HERE, THEY just arrived," Crystal informs me.

Justin had got delayed. He had to drive instead of fly because Ellie, the waitress from Drew's bar who gave him shit all those years ago, is now carrying his baby and didn't want to fly.

"You look amazing," Crystal says.

I look down at the red dress I picked out; it is Rift's favorite. I smile, looking down at his wedding ring on my finger. We waited four months before we got hitched. Our home had just been built and we wanted to move in as husband and wife; that was two years ago.

Jules and Jasmine come running into the room, "Uncle Justin's here, Mommy," Jasmine mumbles. She's been struggling with her speech since she lost a front tooth in play care when one of the other kids hit her in the face with a bottle because she wouldn't share her lunch. Needless to say, that boy's Father is also missing a tooth and has had it drilled into him to teach his boy never to hit girls.

I hurry the girls from the side room used to store crap in and enter the club. It's packed with all our family and they are all silent. Keeping a room full of hard ass bikers, their women and their kids quiet is not something to be taken lightly.

The door opens and my gorgeous man fills the space of the door frame. "Surprise!" We all scream and he jumps. He actually jumps.

I rush over to him. "Happy birthday, baby," I say.

"Holy shit, I nearly had a heart attack." He squeezes me against him.

"I signed the deed on the studio today." I beam up at him. He had bought me my own studio as a surprise for my birthday. It's small but perfect for starting out. He had my original red Fender restored and framed behind the desk, while my black one took pride of place in its stand in the recording room.

"Would you like to unwrap your gift now or later?" I ask seductively. He looks over at everyone smiling at him then back to me, pulling away, his eyes rake slowly over my body.

"Now." He grabs my hand and marches me up the stairs to everyone hollering and catcalling us, then the music plays and their voices filter out.

He rushes me into his old room. I bite my lip as he stalks towards me. "I love that fucking dress, baby."

I giggle. "I know."

"Lift it to your waist," he orders. I shake my head and he cocks an eyebrow. "No?"

"I need you to take it off. Unwrap me, your gift is underneath."

He grins and turns me around, gathering my hair and scooping it over my shoulder to kiss the bare skin exposed at the nape of my neck. "You smell fucking divine."

His fingers slide the zipper on my dress, slowly lowering it, tracing kisses down my spine as he uncovers bare skin. When he reaches the top of my ass the dress drops, pooling at my feet. "What's this?" he asks. His fingers stroke the ribbon tied around my waist.

Turning me around to face him, he sucks in a breath at the bow sitting over my belly button. "For real?" he asks.

I grin. "I found out last month but I didn't want to tell you straight away." His eyes narrow. We've been trying to get pregnant ever since we got married, and I was starting to worry until I felt sick and went to the doctor to be told I was three months pregnant. I didn't even have a bump, my stomach was flat. He told me that was perfectly normal and I could be carrying low in my back, and it was also normal to still have a light period in my first couple of months. Rift was away at the time, so I held out for the fourth month to find out what we're having to surprise him for his birthday.

He looked down at the ribbon. "How far along?"

"Four months," I murmur.

"Is there a reason this ribbon is blue?"

I bite my lip and nod. His face lights up, his eyes sparking.

"Holy shit, you got my boy in there?"

He picks me up, spinning me around, his head burrowing into my neck. "Happy birthday, Rift," I whisper.

Carrying me over to the bed he makes slow intense love to me.

We have everything. Each other, two beautiful girls, and now a boy on the way. Justin is happy and settled, and finally content with me being with Rift. He said he likes to see the light back in my eyes.

He's right; the light is back because Rift is my light, my soul mate, and I am The Beat in Rift.

THE END.