First Tattoo

“Yo home girl, I will either drag you in here or you can walk. Your choice.” Chris says as he holds the door open for everybody. Mike and his wife, Shane and his wife, and LeBron tagged along with me, Chris, Jade and April to see me suffer through pain. Inside I am met by Slaughter who shows me the edited version of my tattoo.

“So where ya want it?” He asks as he brings me over to the mirror.

“I think it would look good on your ribs but tattoos there hurt like a bitch.” Chris suggests from behind.

“Wanna see what it looks like there?” Slaughter asks. I nod my head as I lift up my shirt.

“Is this your first tattoo?” Slaughter asks as he rubs the paper on my ribs and peals it off to reveal a stencil of the drawing.

“Yea, but it is worth it. I always said that my first tattoo would be in remembrance of my grandfather. Chris talked me into this.” I smile in approval to the placing in the tattoo and Slaughter brings me over to the table and helps me lay down.

“Okay after it will be a little sore. For a few days you might want someone else to put the cream on for you then you can do it by yourself.” I nod as he begins with the rose. His shading was very precise and I would always love for him to give me a tattoo. The rose took an hour and then he began to trace the letters and numbers. That took about a half hour. It took another hour to trace and shade the ribbon. After the tattoo was finished, tears began to fill my eyes as I was reminded of very little memories I had with Papa. Chris came over to comfort me. I put my head in his shoulder.

“It’s beautiful, you always know me so well.” I say as now I am beginning to cry. Jade takes pictures on her phone and sends it to her mom and brother and then takes pictures on my phone. Chris takes a full body picture with me so he can have my first tattoo as a memory.