First Half Off To A Great Start

As the National Anthem singer sang both teams put their right hand up to their left breast. The audience did the same or had their hands behind their back. Tonight’s singer is Beyonce. Her and Jay-Z came to our game tonight. They are sitting next to DJ and Blake. Jade is next to Blake. Before tip-off coach Carol goes over the game plan one last time, with Lisa breathing down her neck. Jenna and Sophia Young are tipping the ball. Jenna tips it off to me and I pass the ball to Candace. She sets up the screen. I am guarding Jia Perkins as she tries to attempt to steal the ball. There are 5 seconds left on the shot clock and Candace passes me the ball. I throw up the ball and as it reaches the basket my heart goes numb. The ball finally goes in after rolling around for a second and we are first to score with 3 points on the board. Jia inbounds the ball to Sophia. For a forward, Sophia is a great shooter. Sometimes I feel like she gets help from Tim Duncan. Speaking of him, I see him and Tony in the front row next to the Silver Stars bench. Right in front of them I manage to steal the ball, not even letting the Silver Stars score. I quickly run down the court, setting up a screen as I go. Danielle Robinson doesn’t give me a chance to go up into the paint and finger roll the ball in. I am forced to go back outside the 3 point line. I throw the ball to Alana to get them away from me and she throws it back to me. I throw the ball up quickly and it goes in. The score is now 6-0 as we pedal back down the court in front of the Silver Stars bench. Me and Candace double team Becky Hammon as she tries to make a 3. She passes the ball to Sophia. Sophia then passes the ball to Jia and she is forced to make a long 2 pointer. It goes in finally putting the Silver Stars on the board. I inbound the ball to Candace who then passes the ball back to me. I dribble the ball down the court and then pass it to Marissa Coleman. She dribbles it a little before heading her way into the paint. Before she knows it she is blocked. She passes the ball to me. I then ally oop the ball up to Candace who dunks it over Jia. We trot back down the court. At the end of the first quarter the score is 18-4. Sparks are leading. The 2nd quarter is underway here at the at&t center. Sparks inbound it and head down the court in front of our bench. We quickly send up a long 2 pointer and it goes in. Over the next 9 minutes, as 1 minute already went by in the quarter, we barely let them score. At the 1 minute mark all the pressure was on them. They have only gotten 4 field goals and sent to the line 2 times this quarter, the score is 36-16. Sparks are leading by twenty. We have the ball but quickly turn it over. They end up scoring a 3 pointer off of that but that doesn’t matter. As we inbound the ball, at half court we turn it over again. This time they don’t get any points off of that. We return the favor by scoring a 3 pointer right before the buzzer. At half time the score is 39-19.