Penelope

"Hi, welcome to North Central Animal Shelter. How can I help you?" said a tall, blond haired, blue eyed girl behind the counter. 

"Yeah, I'm here to look for a dog." I said. 

"Okay, what kind are you looking for?" 

"Rottweiler, pit bull, boxer, any type of dog that protects people. Ya know what I mean?" 

"Yeah, lets go back to the kennels and introduce you to some dogs." We walked through a door and into the kennel area. "Okay, the first dog is a rottweiler named Roley. He is an adult." 

"I would like to lean more towards young ones that way I can train them more easily." 

"Okay, next one is Rex. He is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Next to him is a pit bull terrier. She doesn't have a name yet." 

"Can we keep looking?" 

"Yes we can. Next is a baby Rottweiler and his name is Abel." 

"That doesn't sound like a boy name." Jenn said. 

"Okay, well we can keep searching. We have Kady and Maeve in this kennel. They are both female pit bull terrier Siberian husky mixes." 

"I would hate to split them up." I said. 

"Okay, well over here we have a pit bull terrier. She does not have a name yet." 

"She's cute but before I make up my mind, I would like to see all of my options." 

"Okay, over here we have Goofy. He is a pit bull terrier. And next to him is Ice, she is a pit bull terrier also." 

"She's cute." 

"Over here we have Connie. She is a rottweiler." 

"She looks a lot like Bandit. I like her." 

"You like her because she looks like your dog you had when you were little?" Blake asked. 

"Yes, leave me alone about it." 

"Okay, well next to her is another rottweiler. His name is Kirby." said the kennel worker. 

"Can we look at more rottweilers?" 

"Yes, are you looking to buy one?" 

"Yup." 

"Okay, over here is a male named Harley. And next to him is Rondo. He is a mix between a pit bull terrier and a rottweiler." 

"He's an ugly one, I don't like those colors on a body of a pit bull." 

"Okay, next is Penelope. We just got her." 

"She is so adorable. Can I hold her?" 

"Yup." The girl opened the cage and the dog ran straight to me. I crouched down to pet her. She rolled onto her stomach for me to rub it. "I love her, I want her." 

"Okay, let me get a leash for you." The girl walked away and came back with a long purple leash. She hooked it to the dog's collar and handed it to me. We walked out back to the desk to make the payments. After we went to the pet store to get food and treats for her. Penelope has to stay at Daryl's house for tonight because the rule was that she would stay with him until the party. The party is tomorrow and I think I can wait less than a day.