Chapter 23: He Reads To Me

I started looking around the room but I still came up with the same result. Nobody had finished except me and it was frustrating. I finished the test half an hour ago and the teacher only let's us leave once everyone is finished. 

I get why everyone is taking long, this was a hard subject but that's why I spent all day yesterday bottling it all up. I have a pretty good memory so it wasn't that hard. 

I placed my head in my arms and drifted off to sleep. I slept for a good 5 minutes until the worst possible noise woke me up. Gabriella was crying in the middle of a test. Great. Just great.

I immediately woke up and took her from her little stroller. I started rocking her back and forth but she still wouldn't stop crying. 

"Ms. Adams, did you finish your exam?" The teacher asked. I nodded and she signalled for me to hand the test over to her and I did. I almost tripped on the way but still. "Ms. Adams you're free to go" She said. The shock went by quickly when I realized Gabriella hadn't stopped crying. 

I quickly took my backpack and the baby bag and ran towards the hallway once I reached the benches I quickly dropped the bags to the floor and took out the baby bottle. I didn't know the baby lasted this long crying. She stopped crying once I 'fed' her. 

"Munchkin, Aren't you suppose to be in a test right now?" Seth asked me out of nowhere.

"My god Seth, make noise when you walk. One day you're going to scare me to death" I said to him and continued to put my things back to the bag.

"I'll try next time, I wouldn't want you dying on me" He said with a smile.

"Yeah, wouldn't want that either. Hey, aren't you suppose to be in class?" I asked him when he sat beside me.

" I asked you first" He 'answered' me.

"I finished the test early and she let me go because Gabriella started crying. your turn" I explained to him. 

"Mr. Bennett took the day off so we have a free period" He said to me.

"You couldn't have answered me when I first asked you?" I asked him.

"Now, where's the fun in that?" I glared at him which only made him laugh.

"Are you going to stay here the rest of the period, let's walk" He said, standing up. He extended his hand towards me and I gently took it. He lifted me up the bench and grabbed the baby bag while I had Gabriella in the stroller. I left the backpack in the corner since my next class was close to it and I certainly wasn't going to walk around with that extra weight on my back.

We walked towards the library and I begged him to let me look at a few of the books there. After a whole lot of sad eyes and a whole lot of deals, he finally gave in and agreed to read me a book. 

"Which one do you want, munchkin?" He said as I sat down in one of the tables. The library was only filled with about 5 students since it's still a class period. 

"Jane eyre" I suggested, he looked at me for a second before getting up from his seat. 

He came back 2 minutes later with the copy of Jane Eyre in his hand and a bored look on his face. "Couldn't you have picked a more exciting book?" He asked as he sat down in front of me. 

"You asked me for the book and I gave it to you. Now read, Finny boy" He glared at me before he started to read.

I wasn't actually listening to him speak, I was taking the moment to look at him. I mean really look at him.

Looking at how his eyes moved as he read the page. How his Brows were always furrowed when he read. I tried to memorized his face and then my mind drifted off to that kiss. 

The kiss that happened because he thought I needed it. I mean you can't kiss someone because you think someone needs it. I mean that straight up screws a person's mind. He probably doesn't know how I stayed up that night not because of the anniversary instead I was trying to come up with a way to forget about it, but that clearly hasn't worked. But as soon as I saw Seth the other day and he acted like nothing had happened then I tried to act normal. At least he hasn't noticed my feelings. 

I snapped out of it just in time for him to finish reading and didn't see me staring at him like a total psychopath . "Okay, I'm not reading any more of this. My throat is already dry and I'm going to buy water. You better walk with me because this" He said and pointed to his throat "is your fault". 

I nodded and we grabbed all of our things and headed towards the water machine. He took out a dollar and in the process of him actually taking the water bottle, the bell rang. We parted ways since our classes were in different buildings.

After that we all met up in the parking lot like we usually do after the final bell rings. "Hey everybody. I've got an announcement" Wesley said when he arrived.

"What you got Weasley?" I asked him. He hates it when I call him that, so I keep on calling him that. I mean that's what happens when you hurt my best friend. Even if him and Dylan are fine, he still hurt him in that Halloween party. I'm not the revenge type so this is the worst I can do.

He glared at me before looking towards the rest of our group. "As I was saying. Since tomorrow we have short periods I am throwing a small party but just us, I don't want any dates or something like that. I don't think that will happen but just in case. It's in a pool and there will be barbecue so don't show up in anything extra nice because it will get ruined. You have been warned. See you tomorrow".

"I can't explain what I mean. And even if I could, I'm not sure I'd feel like it"

-J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye