Chapter 3: P.O.V. Kyle

After all that had happened today… what with Tristan and Sami… now I had to deal with the twins. It’s not that I didn’t like the twins, it’s just that the way Sami just recruited them into our group reminded me so much of when we used to be a big group… all five of us together as friends… I just couldn’t believe that she’d just throw out Tristan’s name at me like that. She knows that she can’t just do that.

I kicked the ground angrily.

I can’t believe that she would do that… I guess that I should have been happy that she returned back, but seriously… she changed… and in a bad way… I didn’t like this new Sami; she was so much different…

I guess that as a Guardian Angel, Sami had to change so that she could be a Guardian Angel. I looked up at the window to see inside the house. Sami was laughing along with Quinn while Daniel glared… at least I think it was Daniel…

Twins are so confusing… you can never tell them apart… but luckily I can sort of tell them apart… Daniel is much more… mean while Quinn is much nicer. But that still won’t make them any more tolerable… The door opened behind me and I turned around. One of the twins was looking at me. I sneered at him. It’s not like he doesn’t already hate me… who cares which one he is? He looked at me with a cocked head, and then smiled at me. I looked at him.

“You sure don’t like us.” So it was Quinn…  I guess I should be at least a bit nice to him…

“You could say that.” Quinn sat down next to me and smiled at me, with a kind of happy little smile.

“I guess that Tristan was… ah… close to you?” I looked at Quinn closely and fixed him with a glare.

“I guess you could say that. He was the only family I had left… well, alive anyway.” I looked away from his face, knowing what would happen… the pity would start, and then the sad looks at me like I needed a counselor… but Quinn surprised me.

“Well, I guess you could look at it that way or you could look at it this way; Tristan is still alive, and you can still save him. There is a way to reverse it you know.” I looked up, startled.

“What? That’s impossible. The Angel who turned him is dead.”

“There’s another way, a very secret way too. But it’s so rare that it has practically turned into a myth. I found out about it while we were hiding in the mansion.” I got up and Quinn followed my lead.

“So it’s in a book?” Quinn hesitated before responding.

“Not exactly.”

-In the Library-

Quinn stood in front of the bookshelf scanning along the shelves when he reached out and took a certain book. At first, nothing happened, but then the shelves moved apart to show a hidden staircase. Quinn smiled.

“You first.” I looked down the dark stair case, then gulped and started walking downwards into the hidden room. When we got there, light was already flooding the room, and there was a person curled up in a chair reading a book by a fireplace. Quinn and I stared at the boy until he glanced up at us, his thick glasses sliding down the bridge of his nose, his chocolate brown eyes staring at us intelligently. After we stared at each other for a short period of time, it was neither Quinn, the boy or I that broke the silence, but it was Daniel, who had sneaked down the stairs towards us.

“Who the heck are you?” Daniel said, looking at the boy with a frown, his sandy blond hair in front of his green eyes. The boy blushed a bright red, making his freckles stand out against his pale skin. His brown curls fell in his face as he looked down and said quietly.