Chapter 12: P.O.V. Wyatt

As we walked through the cobblestone streets with Felicia leading the way, I walked side by side with Anne. Vizo walked behind Felicia with Quinn, all the while hitting on her while Felicia sent him back disgusted looks, and Daniel was behind us with Sami, who was sobbing as though her heart had been ripped out. Daniel was trying to calm her down, while Heather just laughed. I sent her a warning look just before Daniel snapped and turned around in a terrifying blur, and pinned her to a wall. She looked at him with wide eyes before turning her eyes to me. I stood taller and looked at Anne who was watching with a slightly amused but worried look. I strode over quickly to help Heather, since she was my best friend.

I put a hand on Daniel’s shoulder. “Calm down, I’m sure she didn’t mean to laugh.” I said, and Quinn ran over to his brother’s side and put a hand on his other shoulder.

“Let go dude, she’s not worth it.” Quinn sent a dirty look at Heather before looking at me with a cautious look. I removed my hand slowly from Daniel’s shoulder and returned the look as I grabbed Heather’s hand and yanked her free. Daniel shot her a dirty look before shrugging off Quinn’s hand and walking away and towards Sami who was crying harder than ever. I threw down Heather’s hand before turning my back to her and walking towards Anne. Heather put a hand over my shoulder.

“Why are we here Wyatt? We aren’t their pets!”

“You are sick Heather!” I hissed back at her.

“I’m fine!” She hissed back and I was about to respond angrily before she doubled over and started choking, and all my anger faded away.

“Heather, come on you can do it, calm down.” I whispered, holding her as she continued to choke, hating the fact that I could do nothing. “Come on, calm down!” I hissed into her ear, holding her up. She started to violently shake and went limp, still shaking. I held her up and my knees started to buckle. I dropped down to my knees, still holding her up. “HEATHER! COME ON!” I shouted, bending my head. “Come one…” She choked before passing out and I exhaled in relief set her down with her head in my lap. I bent down and pressed my forehead against hers.

“Break out of it Heather… you can do it… I know you can… this is just like every other time… just come on…” She was silent before her eyes flew open and I laughed and hugged her.

“You did it!” She smiled weakly but then all my rage flew back into me. “And you said you were feeling fine! I told you that you were sick, and you have to believe me Heather!” I shouted, but then yet again remembered the large group surrounding me. I stood up and held out a hand for her, which she took gratefully.

“You are lucky that I am your best friend Heather, otherwise I would have dropped you long ago.” She laughed meekly and I set her down on the curb. Everyone else was staring at us for an explanation and I just shrugged. “It’s Heather’s story, she had it long before I met her.” Heather took a deep breath.

“Ever since I was little, I’ve always had these times that whenever I get really worked up over something, I start to choke, and when I get angry about that, I lose consciousness. Sometimes I am in there for about one minute; sometimes I don’t wake up for days. It varies. I got my first attack when I met Wyatt, and we’ve known each other for years, before the time period when Archangels ruled.” I sat silently beside her and felt all eyes on me. I shrugged.

“Let’s just get going.” And I got up.

We kept walking until it was near night fall, and Sami and Henry got edgy. Then Felicia perked up instantly and bolted towards a house.

“WE’RE HERE!” I looked at her and when I looked back, the house was shifting from a regular house to a white palace. I felt my jaw drop and Anne laughed, and pushed it back up. I looked over at her startled and she just smiled at me. I took her hand and walked towards the castle and the sun set down, and twilight fell. Suddenly, Henry collapsed and Sami’s knees buckled. She looked up wildly.