6. Simon

The things that once seemed unbearable, were now unbearably sexy. Which was the most annoying thing Baz has ever done. It's not his fault though, who would've known I was such a sucker. I must have had some pent up feelings, because he shows one sign of being a human (metaphorically of course), and I am willing to forget everything he had ever done. It's hilarious.

I had a free period, which I always spend training, but I found it hard to concentrate. Which was going to be my fatal flaw if I wasn't careful. Every time my concentration starts slipping, I can feel the overwhelming power in me start to eat away at my insides, desperate to escape. I sat with my legs crossed and eyes shut tightly in concentration. I started out with an easy spell that turns small objects into socks. Then I slowly increased the difficulty of the spell I used until something inevitably explodes.

I was doing worse than usual, for reasons I didn't want to think about anymore. Something flew at me and hit my head. I jumped about thirty thousand feet. Baz started laughing evilly. I gave him my best glare which made him laugh harder. I swear if he wasn't so damn good looking, I would completely mess up his face. We seemed to be having some sort of half truce after what happened a week ago. I didn't know if it was a good or bad thing, because he hung around me more which drove me crazy.

He sat down on my bed. "Are you Buddha now or something?" he asked sarcastically. My heart raced. I couldn't practice with this bastard sitting so close to me.

"Don't you have some place to be?" I asked crankily.

"None that would be this entertaining," he smirked. "Please, go on."

I couldn't. My magick was going haywire. So was my brain. I blushed profusely, as nothing happened. Then a pen exploded, splattering ink everywhere. Nothing was spared. Baz surprisingly didn't laugh. He was probably afraid that it would set me off and destroy our whole building. Instead he placed his hand on my shoulder, sending shivers throughout my whole body. "You can do it," he whispered into my ear in a low voice. "Simon, you can do anything you want." He should have phrased that differently, because now my head was in the gutter. "All you have to do is relax," he coaxed, his breath tickling my ear. "Just breathe." Baz leaned back suddenly. "Would classical music help?" he asked. I nodded, not really listening. I just wanted to agree with him for the first time in my life.  

He reached under his bed and pulled out a long skinny pouch. He pulled a metal something out of it. I looked curiously at him while he unfolded it to reveal a music stand. He reached back under his bed, which caused his shirt to lift slightly, revealing a portion of his back. He pulled out an instrument case. 'Surely he's not going to play that,' I thought. 'He's never mentioned playing an instrument to me ever.' He opened the case to reveal a violin, which he whipped out like he had done it a billion times before. I looked at him in awe. He placed some music on his stand which promptly fell off. He started cursing and picked it up with an exasperated sigh. I laughed.

Then he started playing.

That was the end of me.

The end of time.

I'm by no means a music person, and the song itself blended together to me. I felt bad because Baz looked so emotionally invested, and I knew it had to be an amazing piece. I couldn't train. No way, no how. Not with this beautiful boy playing so passionately that even I could recognize how much technique and skill he had. He never mentioned playing violin. I had no clue.

When he finished he was out of breath. It was the single hottest thing I had ever seen. I had to kiss him right now, I just had to. It was a need at this point.

Obviously the Sonata but also...Dissolve Me by Alt-J <3