Chapter 7

Percy PoV

After having lunch without Tinkerbell [Speaking of which, I'm sorry. Whoever's reading this this, don't make cute things cry. The tears on their face....], I asked Jason, "So, now answer me- Why are you here?". Jason turned even darker. I was about to push of he topic when he said," A deal's a deal. I'll tell you my story. It isn't as noble or selfless as yours, but it was painful."

"So it started out a few days ago. I was with Piper, on the roof. We were dancing. She warned me that the roof couldn't bear my weight, but I persuaded her and we both started dancing. I know I wasn't supposed to that, but I just felt like doing it, especially after she said that I couldn't do anything different. At first, it was good. But then, the spot she was standing on...", and the guy cracked. He already looked like he was holding back tears, but now it just fell. 

"But then, the spot..........", he tried completing his sentence, but failed. He tried again and again, but no words came out. Fewer and fewer words came out of his mouth with every try, until it had reached the point where he couldn't say anything but just cry and cry. And me? I was just sitting awkwardly trying to comfort him. Seeing him, I felt sad and at the same time flashed back to where Annabeth left me in the dust. I could feel his pain. I could feel the brokenness he felt. And it wasn't pretty.

After sometime, Jason stopped crying. Composing himself, he finally told me, "The spot she was standing on broke, And it was all my fault. She warned me, and I didn't listen. I killed who I loved. It was all my fault. And don't you dare say that I wasn't my fault because it was. I killed her....", before he broke into a fresh round of tears. But me? Piper was a sister to me. I was still in shock. 

Then I remembered what Gaea said. That Piper died in a tragic 'accident'. This was related to Dirt Face? If it was, I don't care, I will destroy her- Oh wait. I did.

"Jason, it wasn't your fault!", I said.

Jason's face immediately hardened. "I told you not to tell me that", he said. "No, but really! I t was-", I said until Jason's fist connected with my mouth. "I told you, don't tell me that I'm not guilty". "Jason, just listen to me-", I tried telling him, but his fist connected with my mouth again. This kept going on until I said, "ENOUGH!"

Being shocked for a moment, I pushed Jason off. "If you want to wallow in your self-pity and misery till the end of time, be my guest. But, I know Jason. Jason was the slayer of the Titan Krios and the Trojan Sea Monster! Jason, the strong Roman Praetor who was there for everyone! And not only that, he remained strong! This was Jason Grace, and you definitely aren't him!", I said. I know, insensitive regarding the circumstances, but still, this wasn't Jason.

Jason looked mad, but then smiled. And that smile wasn't one of happiness. It was one of resignation. And then what he said chilled me to the bone. "That's right, Perce. I'm not Jason."

(So, how's this! Sorry about not updating, even though it's vacation. But, still, if your teachers ask stuff from you during your vacation, how are you supposed to feel? But anyway, not making excuses. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you have, a vote and comment would be appreciated! If you have any complaints or constructive criticism, write it in the comments! Anyway, thanks and have a nice day!)