4. Making Amends [Part 2]

---Tötti's P.O.V.---

Tötti sat back in her seat, enjoying the cold A/C, which sheltered her from the sweltering heat that rolled off of Niko's body. She didn't know what made his heat get hotter, or cooler, but it seemed like everytime she was close to him, he was at his hottest, throwing off heat like he were the sun. She shook her head as they zoomed along the road. Niko was definately crazy fond of going fast, and she was pretty sure that he was speeding. She wouldn't admit it, but she liked it. Tötti bit her lip, and tipped her head down slightly, so as her hair could make a curtain between them. She also wouldn't admit, that she felt safe with him, and trusted that Niko wouldn't let her come to harm.

Niko reached over, absently, and brushed her hair back behind her ear, causing her to jerk with surprise. He didn't seem to notice though as his hand returned to the wheel. Tötti sat in silence, stunned. Relaxing back into his seat, and sighing as he eased off the gas pedal, Niko let the car coast into a lower speed.

"So where did you come from?" Niko asked absently. She heard him take one of his hands off the wheel, and set it on his thigh. She let out a breath.

"Oh...you know...from all around...." Tötti hedged, evading giving him a straight answer. Niko glanced over at her, then huffed as he caught her reflection in the window that she stared off out of. She was distancing herself. He didn't want that, he wanted her to be here, to be with Him. If just for the moment. Deciding to change tact, he asked a different direction of questions.

"What's your favorite color?" Niko asked. Her head jerked around with surprise, as if to stare at him like he was dumb, but of course, she was blind.

"I'm blind." She said flatly.

"Okay, so, were you always?" Niko asked, genuinely curious, he had wondered that from the moment he had met her.

"No. Not...always...." Tötti replied slowly, grimacing slightly as she turned her head forward. He nodded, thinking.

"So what was your favorite color...before you were blind?" Niko pressed, asking slowly, his words careful, and cautious.

"Blue...." Tötti whispered, almost instantly, then blushed. Niko's head turned sharply, peering at her curiously. Why is she blushing like that? He wondered to himself.

"Isn't it obvious?" His wolf soul snickered.

"What?" He thought back, frowning slightly.

"She lied." Niko's wolf explained. He was astonished, as he sat blinking at her, easily driving without watching the road.

"Why would she lie to us?" Niko asked, confused. His wolf seemed to stretch languidly inside his chest, yawning lazily before deigning to answer him.

"Blue is OUR color. She was thinking of US." His wolf finally replied smugly. Niko veered slightly, and jerked the car wheel to straighten the car up, he was that surprised.

"Are you okay?!" Tötti exclaimed with surprise, inadvertantly clutching his thigh, and her door, with her hands in alarm. Niko's breath caught in his throat, as his body responded to her touch, thoughtlessly gripping such a dangerously placed spot.

"Fine. Just a squirrel." Niko lied, his voice so thick and husky sounding, the timber so deep and resonating, it sent a shiver through her body. Realizing where she had put her hand, Tötti yanked it back so fast it was as if he had burned her, he might as well have, with how hot her skin had grown, and how the sparks tingled under her palm. She sat on both of her hands as she spluttered a little, and a deep cherry blush crawled up her cheeks.