1. A Mistake [Part 2]

Töttiana frowned as she looked unseeingly around the room that she'd been placed in. It was too extravagant, too done up, she could smell it, and she didn't like that. She shifted her weight, biting her lip. Alpha Vince had told her that he would send someone to collect her when supper was ready. That was several hours from now, it was only just past noon, Niko had had her here since mid morning, so she had missed lunch.

Sighing, she made her way towards the window, where her fingers found a window seat. She sat down on it, pulling her kneese up to her chest, and resting her chin on them as she wrapped her arms around her legs, and pressed the right side of her body against the cool pane of glass. Her mind wandered back to this morning, when her life had still been normal, the same ole same ole, life of a 'Stray'. She thought the word with bitterness, even though she knew it was the truth. She had been a stray for most of her life, almost for as long as she could remember....

She had been walking through the market, the Pack's market. She'd known she'd been being watched ever since she crossed territorial lines, but she didn't mind that, she was used to it. Töttiana remembered the smell of fresh baked breads, pastries, and cured meats, smoked and salted, the ripeness of sweet fruit, making her mouth water and her stomach rumble. She had just bought a pear, and was biting into it, clutching a soft ball sized parmesan cheese roll in her other hand, when the air seemed to still, and the smell of juniper, pine, and musky earth filled her nose, bringing her thoughts of deep forest and mystery, as spice tickled her nose. She breathed in deeply, turning to her left, frowning in puzzlement as she stared unseeingly down a market aisle.

The next thing she'd known, she'd felt a presense bearing down on her, and had barely started to backpedal, when a large hand came down on the scruff of her neck, grabbing a handful of her jacket collar, and yanking her clean off the ground, sending her delicious pear tumbling from her hand, and her roll following after it. She frowned with despair at the loss of such fine foods, and opened her mouth to complain. Her protest was lost though as her captor shook her roughly with a growl. Töttiana's senses began to prickle, and a chill ran down her spine. Something was gonna happen, she was sure of it....

"What do you think you're doing here, Mutt?!" A voice growled at her menacingly. "Alpha." Her wolf murmured to her knowingly, but even so, she could feel her wolf wiggling around excitedly inside her chest, which only caused her to frown confusedly. "Are you deaf?! I asked you what you think you're doing here in our territory, you Stray." The voice demanded, making her flinch as she tipped her head to the side, so her hair fell out of the way of her blind eyes.

Even if she couldn't see a thing, her eyes still seemed to find a way to magically connect with his, and then the world stopped, just for a second. She heard him inhale sharply, and she felt as if the wind had been knocked out of her as she gasped too. She took in a big breath. No way.... She thought, but her wolf was dancing a skit in her heart, and her blood rushed around her temples, and whooshed through her ears, and she knew what it was before her wolf started yipping it inside her soul. "Mate, Mate, Mate, Mate, Mate!" It suddenly felt hard to breath.

"Shit." Was all her mate said, and she didn't care, because her own thoughts were along the same lines, as he growled, and drug her back towards the pack house, muttering a string of curse words in an irritated littany. Once she had gotten her bearings back of course, she had fought against him, struggling, kicking, clawing, screaming, all the way back, until he had deposited her in the center of that room, and then she'd been able to do nothing, but tremble, knowing what was coming....

Töttiana shook her had, clearing those thoughts out of her mind as she heard a light rapping on the door. Must be the collie come to retrieve me. She thought with a bitter sarcasm, as she stood, stretching her stiff limbs, and went to the door, pulling it open. A girl stood outside. Töttiana could tell from the vaguely flowery scent that tickled her nose, and from the lack of sweltering heat coming from the daintier body.

"Hello." She murmured quietly to the occupied air where the person stood.

"Allo." the youthfully chipper feminine voice replied, filled with an excited smile. "I'm Nattalie." the girl added, sounding slightly shy. She was maybe sixteen or seventeen if Töttiana had to guess.

"They call me Töttiana." she replied politely to the girl, who giggled.

"You're so pretty, I've never seen such white hair, it's like the color of snow...is it natural?" Nattalie asked with awe. Töttiana tipped her head thoughtfully as she brushed her long white slanted bangs to the right, so they were out of her eyes. She heard Nattalie gasp, no doubt at the shock of her foggy blind pale grey eyes.

"Yes, I suppose so, it's been white for as long as I can remember." She told the girl. "I've been told it was a defect...." she added in a murmur. "What color is your hair? What is the dominant color of this pack's?" Töttiana asked.

"Mine is charcoal black...." The girl answered shyly, and Töttiana got the sense that she was blushing. "Most of us have black hair, or dark browns, to charcoal too...." Nattalie told her. Töttiana grunted, realizing how she must stand out against them.

"No wonder I stand out. I must look like a clam in an oyster field." She grumbled. Nattalie giggled at her analogy.

"But you're so unique, and beautiful." Nattalie chirped assuringly, her tones painted with awe, and wonder. Töttiana sighed with a shrug.

"Doesn't matter, either way." She remarked, turning and wandering a few steps down the hall to her right.

"Niko is lucky. He should be ashamed of his stupidity towards you." Nattalie remarked disapprovingly, stalking to Töttiana's side. She waved her hand in the air. "But enough about all this, I was sent to bring you to dinner. I'm Niko's sister, by the way." she added ruefully, and Töttiana was sure that she wore a sly smile as she cut her eyes wryly to the side towards her.

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm the unwanted guest, and mate to your brother." Töttiana replied with dry sarcasm.

**********************************************************

---AUTHOR'S NOTE---

I hope yall are enjoying my story so far! Please stay turned for another Update!!! ^.^

Don't forget to leave a comment if you like it!!!

Thanks! ;]

Love and Laughs my Dears!!!