Chapter Five

It feels like it's been five god damned hours. Ugh, that fucking Alpha needs to hurry up and get back down here. I need to find out what I don't about my destiny, about what the prophecy says about me.

I hear foot steps coming towards my cell but I don't smell the same sweet smell that I smelt when it was Alpha Zander.

"See. I told you, he left her down here." I hear the familiar voice of Malik.

"So, what do you want to do to her?" An unfamiliar voice asks.

"What do you think? She's a great piece of work and I mean what's there to loose? She is, after all, only a witch." Malik chuckles.

I hear my cell door rattle open and my heart starts racing. I can only imagine what Malik wants to do to me after what I heard him say.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea Malik, I mean Alpha obviously wanted her for a reason, if he gets word of-" before the new guy can finish what he's saying Malik cuts him off.

"If he gets word of this what? You're not gunna tell him and witchy here ain't gunna tell him." Malik says.

I watch as Malik gets closer and closer to me. My heart rate continues to pick up and my breathing quickens as well. What can I do to keep this guy away from me?

Malik wraps his hands around my ankles and dregs me forward, scaring up my back in the pavement, as I kick and scream to get away.

"Why are you doing this?" I shout at the top of my lungs.

"Remy, get her hands and pull them behind her head so she can't do anything."

"Malik I don't think this is a good idea." Enemy says worryingly.

"Too late Remy, we're doing this, we both are and Zander will never know, and even if he does, whatever, it's a witch he won't give a shit." Malik snarls at Remy.

"Please don't do this." I cry and the tears run down my cheeks and onto the pavement floor.

"Don't worry princess, you won't feel much." Malik smiles wickedly.

I feel something sharp slice across my wrist and I scream at the pain.

I look over to see Malik pouring liquid into the wound the he made. I feel like I'm dying.

I'm sorry mom, I know I promised you that I would die at 16 but it doesn't look like I have any choice in the matter. These sick sons of bitches want me dead and I guess that's what they're going to get.

I scream again at the pain of the liquid being poured in and over my open wound.

I look up to the ceiling and count to ten slowly in my head.

As I get half way through counting, my vision starts to blur and fade out. God, please don't let me die like this, I'm only 16.

I close my eyes and let the blanket of darkness enclose around me.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I wake up laying in a field of grass. I look over to my wrist, it's no longer slit anymore. I stand up and look around; as far as I can see, there's only a meadow full of grass.