Chapter 8 - Please Josh

Zayn Malik's P.O.V. :

   "ALL I'M saying is that you should totally dye your hair red," I say, walking down the hallways, waving to every other member. Josh stumbles behind me, collecting papers from the people who hand them. I pause for a moment, flicking some dust off the edge of my suit. "It would match your eyes."

   "Thank you! - My eyes are brown," Josh says, thanking yet another staff member. He rolls his eyes. "Zayn, I'm not dying my hair red for Comic Relief. I'd love to help you with donating, really. I'll do anything - besides being nude or dying my hair red." I sigh, starting to become a bit aggravated. 

   "Josh, please," He whines, not caring that some clients are walking down the hallway with the workers. "I'll give you a raise, I'll pay for your apartment rent! Anything! I just need to get more attention on Malik & Co this year. Last year, stupid Razor Incorporation made more than us."

   "Zayn, I don't need you paying for my bills. I'd like a raise, but not for embarrassing myself on worldwide news -- again." Josh gives me a pointed look, causing me to dramatically sigh and turn the corner.

   "It wasn't my fault you burnt yourself while reenacting the Hunger Games."

   "You lit me on fire!" Josh exclaims, clicking a button on the elevator. 

   "It's not my fault you ran off before I could tell you what switches to hit."

   "Zayn, just forget it! Besides, who are you trying to fool? Isn't Red Nose Day in March or something?" Josh asks, stuffing some papers into an expandable folder. "I know you're just trying to impress Max again."

   "What? Me? How would I ever? No. . ." I trail off, looking away to hide my blush. "Josh, I would never ever use you to impress girls. Even if it made them fawn all over me. I wouldn't," I say, squeezing his shoulder.

   Josh scowls, giving me his weird little glare. "Zayn, I heard you on the phone yesterday!" Josh exclaims. "You and your 'Yeah, I can make most of my workers do what I want just by telling them. Oh you can't? I guess you're not that amazing' speech! You are by far the worst person to work for."

   "Okay, I admit it! But, I swear I didn't do anything else."

   Josh nods, satisfied by my answer. We walk through the lobby of the building and onto the parking lot. We wait for Josh's car to come. Each second, I'm growing more and more nervous. I bite my lip once I see the car pull up. Josh doesn't seem to recognize it, furrowing his eyebrows and looking around confusedly.

   "Excuse me, sir?" He calls out. The guy who brought the car turns around, nodding. "I don't believe this is my car. There must have been a mistake," Josh says gesturing towards the car. The man, who is also confused, walks over to us.

   "Are these your keys?" He places the keys in Josh's hand. And yep, there his. With the stupid I Heart NY chain and the little Lego man on it, they're Josh's keys. He nods, the man walks off, there's a silence.