Chapter Twelve

A/N: So sorry guys for the long wait! There is really no "excuse" for it, but life :) Anyways enjoy this chapter. It will be kind of short, but an update was definitely needed. Enjoy !

Ghostly Secrets - Chapter Twelve

I abruptly open the small faded green door. The lobby smells of linen and cat food. To my left sits a disinterested teen playing on her phone. I walk past the front counter and head towards the elevators to the back wall.

"Excuse me Miss. Can I help you?"

I turn my head as I continue to walk towards the elevators.

"No thanks, I got it."

I push the up arrow button next to the elevators and the light dings on above the door. The elevators swing open slowly. The elevator is dimly lit and reeks of the same ghastly smell as the lobby. I rush inside and quickly push the second floor button. The elevator gives a small jolt and it slowly descends up towards the next floor. There is a loud ding and the elevator doors open slowly. I am greeted with dark burgundy colored carpet and a huge potted plant. I push the leaves out of my way as I make my way into the hallway. The lights on this floor are dimly lit as well.

What is up with this hotel? Can they not afford light bulbs?

I walk down the dimly lit hallway towards Donovan's room.

236...238...240

I make a sharp right and start down a new hallway. Further down the hallway a little boy sits with his back against the hallway wall. His hands are covering his face while he sobs quietly. His faded glow makes him almost invisible for me to see him. I walk over to him and kneel in front of him.

"What's wrong sweetie?"

"I need my Mommy!"

I hate when I see ghosts that are children. It brakes my heart every time knowing something horrible must have happened to them. And there is nothing I could have done to save them.

"I have to go talk to a friend real quick. But when I am done we can go look for her."

I raise my hand to try and caress his faded face. The little boy moves swiftly to the left.

"You are a liar!"

Anger and rage infatuates the hallway as it swiftly fills me up inside and knocks me backward to my bottom. The boy rises up into the air and turns to a dark ruby color.

"You are all liars!"

He floats back down and reaches his hands out to touch me. I start crawling backwards down the hallway away from him. I know if he touches me one time all my energy will be drained and from the look of it this little boy has kept it bottled up inside of him for a while. Why did I have to be the one to unleash his fury? This has become a regular occurrence on my part.

He is not rushing to get to me, so I quickly jump up on my feet and run down the hallway.

241...243.....245

I reach Donovan's door and start banging on it. I turn my head to see that the boy is still floating towards me. Only his head and shirt is visible. I bang on the door again. If Donovan does not hurry up I am going to probably pass out if the little boy touches me. I am tired of being the damsel in distress in front of Donovan. Plus I need to have a clear and focused mind when we go over the Fred's file.

Donovan unlatches the door and opens it slowly. I put both of my hands onto the heavy beige door and push it in. I stumble forward and Donovan catches me. I quickly jump out of his arms and slam the door shut in the boy's face. The boy's figure slowly fades away and a loud sigh escapes from my mouth.