Chapter Eleven - Parties, Drinks, and Sofas

“Anyways, so who is this chick you’re going out with? Is she cute? Do I need to have a serious conversation with her?”

“Kaitlinnnnn. This is why I didn’t want Wes or Drew to take me. You’re worse than them.”

“I’m just joking Keats. But on a serious note, I want to know about her. Tell me everything.”

“She’s rea—“he stopped to tell me where to turn. We were on our way to go to her house. Keaton seems to really like her so I’m excited to meet her. 

“Anyways you were saying?” I brought him back to the conversation. I know him well enough to know he’s probably trying to change the subject.

“She’s really cool. We’re into a lot of the same things and she’s not like all the other girls you know?”

I looked over to Keaton to see him smiling and looking down. He was such a sweet kid. I hope he and this girl work out or he would be heartbroken. I don’t know if he would ever get over it.

We got to her house and pulled up. It was a pretty big house. I wonder where her parents worked. I made a mental note to ask Keaton later on. She got into the back of the car and Keaton got in the back with her.  Keaton and her conversed between themselves, keeping the awkward car silences to a minimum and that’s how it was the whole ride there.

As soon as we got through the gates for the party Keaton and Arabelle were nowhere to be found. Even when Drew and Wesley forced me to go to parties back in high school, I never really got excited about it. I did what I naturally do at parties; found the nearest couch and sat on it. At first there was a couple sitting on the opposite end of me but with my awkward glaring at them they eventually moved to the nearest room.

This party seemed a little hardcore for 16 year old Keaton to be at. I started to consider calling him and telling him to get Arabelle and we go somewhere more age appropriate for him. Like Chuck-E-Cheese.

I decided against and trusted that they were being responsible. Maybe I just decided to sit at the spot all the bad kids were at?

I pulled out my phone and began texting Olivia. She was going on about how her hot neighbor was invited over for dinner and she had no clue what she was going to wear.

“Well look at that, is that Kitty?” I heard a man’s voice boom behind me.

I snapped around to see who it was. Jett Stone. Junior year Drew dragged me out to some stoner party and he was the highlight of the night. I expected him to be somewhere else after high school; I should’ve known there was probably nowhere else he could’ve gone. Besides jail that is.

“Kaitlin. It’s Kaitlin. Only Drew calls me that.” I said. His name got caught in my throat but it came out easier than I had predicted.

He laughed at my reply. “Yep. It’s definitely you. You always were a little feisty. We all thought it was because keep your legs so tight.

I shifted uncomfortably.                                                                                                      

“What are you doing here, and in the stoner corner at that?” He questioned. I asked myself the same question.

“I’m here with a friend. And I didn’t know, I just wanted to find a place to sit,” I told him. I stood up to make my way somewhere else. Probably out to my car, “I guess I’ll go somewhere else. It was nice seeing you.”

“Whoa, leaving so fast? At least say hello to my friends first. They need to see the type of girls I hung around with back in high school,” he said with a wink. A chill ran through my body and my subconscious told me I didn’t want to meet his friends. He called someone, apparently with the name Tony, and ordered him to get “the crew” and to meet him “where we all light up.”

I wanted to beat myself up for picking the only spot in this whole building that I could probably get murdered at.

“You know, I really should get going. I’m sure your friends are lovely, maybe some other time?” I requested. I don’t think I could stand another minute around him. He made me uncomfortable just being in the same room as him. He always did, even when I was with Drew to protect me if anything were to get out of hand.

“Oh, look here they are, no need to leave now sweetie.” I groaned low enough for him not to hear me. This wasn’t something I wanted to get in to right now. I turned around to look at who I was going to about have a conversation with for the next few minutes; maybe a shorter amount of time if I got lucky. I turned around to three people; Josh Thompson who I remember meeting for a little while in high school, a man with a scruffy beard and a body full of tattoos and piercings I had never seen before but by the looks of things I don’t think I was missing out on much.

And Sasha. With a stack of four empty plastic cups with one full one she was sipping out of. I did not want to deal with her while she was drunk. I can barely deal with her sober.

“Kaitlin, why the hell are you here? I figured you would be somewhere on your ass reading a book or some shit.”

Well her language was something she surely didn’t hold back when she was drinking.

“I came here with Ke-. Kenzie. She’s a friend of mine. I should probably get going anyways.” Sasha didn’t seem dangerous, but her crew seemed like it and I knew I shouldn’t tell her that Keaton was here. Who knows how that might go?

“Yes. You probably should go. The door is right over there. I can get someone to walk you if you would like? The quicker you’re out of here, the better.” She said pointing towards the exit.

Her sassiness was also something she apparently didn’t hold back either.

“Tension, I like it. Kaitlin, take a seat, and let’s talk this through shall we? I am sure Sasha won’t mind, will you? I bet Kitty here is dying to know that little secret of yours.” Jett said with a wink towards Sasha. He seriously needs to learn to call me Kaitlin.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. What secret? Is it something about Drew? Why would they want to keep the secret away from me?

Sasha muttered yet another curse word under her breath and plopped down on the sofa next to Jett.

“C’mon Kitty, the seats open,” Jett pointed to the seat on the other side of him. I wanted to get as far away from him as I possibly could but knowing Jett I wasn’t getting out of this one.

“My name is Kaitlin.” I muttered while sitting on the opposite side of the couch. I looked at Jett to see if he noticed but I don’t think he did.

“Timothy, go get me a few more drinks. I’m going to need them if I’m going to be within a mile radius of whatever she is.” Sasha spoke towards the main with the beard. I rolled my eyes and declined his offer to get me a drink as well.

Jett stretched his arm over Sasha’s shoulder before announcing, “Well ladies, it looks like it’s going to be a good night.”

A/N:  Hey guys, this chapter wasn't that long. I feel like I say that on every chapter I've posted. But I wanted this chapter to end like that because the way I have the next chapter set up it's going to be very eventful. Enough with the excuses. 

I hope you liked this one. :) Don't forget to vote and all that stuff. Leave me a comment telling me what you think. I read all the comments even if I don't reply to them. 

This chapters' dedication goes to @Zezeml, congratulations!

To get a dedication for the next chapter leave me a comment telling me what's your favorite ORIGINAL song by Emblem3. 

I hope you guys have a great day. :) x. -Alaska/Destiny

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."