10 - Fight For It

*A week or so after. The first schoolday after New Year*

Michael's POV

"Bye!" I yelled, walking out. Me and Emma haven't talked since.. The incident. But, look at the bright side, i spended eachothers New Year together? No? Okay.. Uh.. I don't want it to be awkward between me and her

"Hey.." I hear the familiar voice, as i turn around. "Hey.. Em." Good, Michael, Use eachothers special nickname, that will break the awkwardness.

We began walking ahead of school. We didn't say anything.

~~

As we walked out of school, ahead of home, yet again, nothing.

"Okay, this is enough. Why is it so awkward?" Emma asks. Thank you. " Uhm.. Because of what happened that night?" I replied. "It was just a damn kiss, it was an incident. We didn't know that it was eachother. Like, you didn't know it was me, and i didn't know it was you." She says.

"You know.. Do you refuse of kissing me?" I ask. "No." She says

"So you liked it?" I ask.

"Uh.. Kinda." She shyly responds.

"Let's just forget it." She order. "Fine." I say.

And before i knew it we were infront of my house. "See you, Em." "See you, Mikey."

Yes! She used the nickname! I hope there is no more awkwardness.

~~

I yawn, and nearly jumped at the sound. I stood up and announced. "I am tired, i'll go to bed. Good night." I heard a few goodnights and so, and walked to the bedroom, i laid down in the bed, which i shared with my brother, Marlon, but he wasn't here.

Only Jackie and Tito were sleeping, and i was going to. The rest of the boys was, surely, out in the living room, watching TV. I threw my clothes to the side and pulled the covers up to my neck.

I am not those kind of people who sleep right in the second you close your eyes, i change my position in what feels like, every minute.

Emma, it was like we started from the bottom.

Wait.. Why am i thinking about Emma? I heard a theory that if you--

Emma's POV

-- Are staying up at night and thinking about one specific person. You are in love.

No way, i could not be in love with my best friend. It was just one simple kiss?

That could not change the way i feel towards a person that i had a strong friendship with, right?

He doesn't even like you, Emma. He just wants you as an friend, nothing more.

He will think you are crazy, if you are like ' Oh, Michael, I am in love with you, and i suggest that we should begin a relationship ' Like? Even if it will break your heart, fight for the friendship, you know how much you love him, then fight for him.

Fight for the friendship.