Chapter 2

Since I saw my mate yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was just a quick  look, but I could remember everything about his features. His hair, his eyes, his nose, everything. He was so handsome that it hurt. How could I get that handsome guy to be my mate? Well, too bad I couldn't have a mate. I couldn't sacrifice my brother and sister for my own happiness. I had to stay away from my mate.

My wolf kept whimpering and begging me to take her to her mate. For about a year now, I couldn't really feel her anymore. She was upset because I gave her up and refused to shift. I missed her actually. I wanted to shift and let her out, but it was risky. I was glad I could feel her again, but I was so sorry for her. I wished I could make her happy.

"You can. Just take me to my mate", my wolf told me.

I sighed, "you know I can't do that. I'm so sorry but we can't have mate now." She stopped whimpering. She knew that we had to protect James and Rachel.

I stood in front of my college's gate. My mind kept wandering to my mate. I really wanted to know what he did after I fled yesterday. Did he try to run after me? Did he just ignore me? It hurt to think it that way. I was glad he didn't find me yesterday, but part of me was disappointed that he didn't try. Now there wasn't any reason I could meet him again. He was from different college. He must be out there with a bunch of girls. That's what hot guy did, right? I didn't even know his name. I should've asked. Wait, what was I thinking? I mentally slapped my head. I had to remind myself to stay away from him.

When I entered the gate, the usually "popular" spots were empty. Where were they? I kept walking past the parking area when I saw the commotion. People were gawking at something. Well, the boy were gawking at a very expensive and cool looking car. I didn't really know anything about cars, but I could tell it must cost the owner a serious fortune. It was kind of car the famous football player would drive. The car that had the doors open upward. It was green, wow my favorite color. The boys literally had their jaw on the floor. They were all rich, but not THAT rich I guess. Or maybe their parents just didn't want to buy them those kind of cars. Sure they all drove nice cars, but not as nice as this one.

After I finished looking at the ridiculously expensive car, I turned my attention to the boy that I assumed was the owner. He stood beside his car with girls surrounding him. He had his back to me. The girls practically threw themselves at him. Seriously people, don't they have something else to do?

"Hallie! You wanna go there and see that smoking hot guy?", Lily asked me running from where the hot guy was.

Okay, so even Lily was gawking at the guy. "Nah, I'm good. I'm too busy for that, Lil." I smirked. She hated to be called that.

Just when I was about to say something to Lily, the guy turned around and looked at me. My heart beat faster. It's him. He looked even more handsome than yesterday if that's possible. He had a dark jeans and white T-shirt on. That simple clothes and he looked stunning.

I looked down to myself. I had beige baggy pants on combine with a light blue T-shirt. Way to impress your mate, Hallie. Wait, that's not the problem. The main problem was why he was here. I couldn't tear my eyes away from those beautiful brown eyes. He smirked knowingly. That snapped me out of my daze and realized the guy was walking toward me.

"Lily, I have an assignment I forgot to do. Umm, I..I'll go to the library to finish it. Bye!" I started running to the opposite direction of him.

I kept running and looking back to check whether he followed me. Bumm! I hit a body because I didn't really pay attention to the front. I fell on my butt.

"I'm sorry, I was in a hurry. Are you okay?" I asked while trying to get up. I looked up and saw him smirking. I gasped. How could he be here? He was behind me, right? Was I really that slow?