Chapter 7

Ethan's POV

I was singing along with One Republic and tapping on my steering wheel. I was driving to the diner, hence my good mood. I always felt excited every time I was on my way to meet my beautiful mate. Well, she didn't exactly accept me but everything was good. We met everyday and we got closer.

I was looking forward to the day she would accept me as her mate. The day I would be able to get as close as I wanted to be to her. The day I could kiss her and touch her. The day I could call her mine.

She was perfect. Beautiful in every way. And she was my mate. I was so lucky to have her. I wouldn't give up to make her accept me. I wanted her. I wanted that addicting kisses. Ugh, I closed my eyes to concentrate to the road again. Every time I thought about the kisses, I would just feel like flying.

I parked my car beside the diner and walked to the front door. I smiled when I saw Hallie. She was standing a bit far from the diner. She was talking on the phone and looked upset. I couldn't hear what she said so I walked closer. She was now off the phone but she was trying to dial another number on her phone. Her hands were shaking. I walked faster, couldn't stand to see her sad like that. I was sure she wanted to call me. But when I got closer, her words stopped me from moving. "Blaine, help me. I need a ride."

I felt betrayed. I always tried to help her. But every time, she would turn me down. And now, she called him for a help? She knew I was coming but she chose to call other guy. So obviously I thought wrong. We didn't make any progress on our relationship. It was just my own thought. She didn't have the same feeling. So maybe that was the reason she couldn't accept me. I walked back to my car and drove fast home.

I slammed my front door hard and went straight to the cupboard where I stored all my alcoholic drinks. I took a bottle of whiskey and took a big gulp. I was angry, so angry that I would probably kill people if that people as far as ask me something. Why couldn't she accept me? Why him? Why Blaine? What didn't I have that Blaine had? I let out a loud scream and smashed my bottle to the window. The glass shattered everywhere. I took another bottle and drained all the contents. Took another one and drank it up.

It wasn't enough. I wanted to do something Hallie wouldn't like. I stared at my phone. I knew just what I could do. I picked up my phone and dialed a number that would never I call if I was sober. I might regret it in the morning, but I didn't care anymore.

"Hallo?", the person answered.

"Claire, come over to my house now."

*******************************

Hallie's POV

I was standing in front of Ethan's house. I went to the pack house but they said Ethan was here. So one of them took me here. It was quiet, maybe Ethan was still sleeping seeing as it was still 7 in the morning.

Yesterday after James called, Blaine gave me a ride to the hospital. Rachel wasn't conscious. Doctor said she needed to do surgery soon. But the problem was we didn't have any money. The hospital had helped us all this time. But for now, they couldn't. The surgery cost a lot of money. That's why they couldn't do the surgery until at least I paid half of it. I couldn't think of anyone who might be able to help me. Blaine was rich, but I couldn't ask him. It was like asking him a car.

That's the reason why I was standing here now. I knew I shouldn't ask him for any help since I didn't accept him as my mate. But I was desperate. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I heard the shuffling and feet moving. I waited nervously. The door swung open but instead of Ethan, it was Claire. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She was wearing nothing but Ethan's white shirt. Her hair was messy like she just woke up from a tired night. I swallowed. It hurt to see her like this. Just by her clothes, people could assume what she's been doing with Ethan.