Chapter 4

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to slopezsophia. Thank you.

Ethan POV

I was lying on my bed, looking at the ceiling. It's 9AM already but I was really not in a mood to get up. Usually I would wake up early and go running through the border. It was my morning routine. But this morning I was confuse. I still thought about what happened last night. I was disappointed that Hallie actually was just the same girl. The shopping kind of girl. She was rich after all. Why would she need the part time job so much? And she was accusing me for losing her job. For goodness sake it's just a part time job.

But I didn't understand why she looked so sad and hurt when she walked away. She was disappointed, that's for sure. But I was more disappointed. I expected more from my mate. I wanted a mate who could be a good luna for my packs.

I looked at the clock again. 11 AM. I sighed. I didn't want to meet Hallie now, but my wolf wanted to meet his mate. And maybe I did need to talk to Hallie. I got up from my bed and heading for the bathroom to get ready.

It was already lunch time when I got to the college. I couldn't scent Hallie. Was she not here? I walked around and still couldn't feel her presence. Last destination, cafeteria. If she wasn't there, then she wasn't here after all.

When I walked in to the cafeteria, I spotted Blaine and Lily sitting in the middle of the room. I walked to their table. "Hi guys. What's up?" I greeted them and joined them.

"Hi Ethan! Had a good night, eh?", Blaine asked.

"Rough night", I answered. Blaine chuckled. What's funny?

"Er so, I haven't seen Hallie today?"

"Oh, she didn't come. Applying for a part time job I think", Lily said. Sure, the part time job again. What's with that girl and the part time job? Did she not get enough allowance from her parents?

I just nodded. "Are you guys gonna tell me what the unwanted is?", I asked both of them.

Blaine wolf whistled at that. "Didn't even let her to talk, did you?", he was chuckling now. Lily joined him. I was confuse about what he meant. But then I remembered Claire. Yeah, she was supposed to tell me.

"Never dreamed of doing her", I made a face. Come on, I would never did a slut. Even just for a one night stand. Nope, not gonna happen.

"Actually, we went to the café where Hallie worked. Turned out Claire owns it", I shrugged.

"Don't tell me Hallie getting fired has something to do with you", Blaine told me. He was getting angry.

"Well...kind of. Looked like Claire had a problem with Hallie. But anyway, it's just a part time job, right?", I said while eating my pizza. Blaine hit his palms to the table while looking at me, angry. I narrowed my eyes, wouldn't let the human guy challenged me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Hallie needs that job very much. Like actually needs it. That girl's been through a lot without you butting in her life too!", Blaine was shouting at me now. My wolf was upset by his protectiveness toward our mate. I wasn't happy either with his tone.

"Blaine, calm down. He doesn't know anything about Hallie", Lily held Blaine's arm. Sensing the tension I guessed. Blaine sighed and took a deep breath.

"Man, I'm sorry.  Didn't mean to shout at you. Guess I need a fresh air", then he got up and walked out of the cafeteria.

Lily kept her head down, pretending to eat her lunch. I knew it was awkward for her. Maybe still worrying that I was still angry. Well, I was angry but not to her.