Chapter 5

Hallie's POV

I stood in front of the mirror in my bathroom for about 15 minutes now. I felt so plain. Nothing interesting about my figures, really. I never complained about it actually. But this morning, I felt the need to look a little presentable. Why do you ask? It's because of that stupid Alpha who asked me for a date in front of those grandmas. I still couldn't believe he did that.

I applied lip gloss to my lips. It was the third, since I kept wiping it then applied the new one. I wanted to look pretty for this date, but wanted the opposite at the same time. Hence the lip gloss problem occurred.

I groaned again. I had light make up on, but still looked plain. Suddenly I envied those sluts with blond hair and pouty lips. I sighed, I was done with it. I didn't care he would approve my appearance or not, but I would go out like this.

I had a long sleeve V-neck and skinny jeans on. Hell, it's been awhile I hadn't wore outfit like this. I didn't feel comfortable with it. I didn't understand either why I would go out like this with Ethan. I didn't want him as a mate. I tried to explain it to myself, but part of me wanted to go for this date and looked pretty. For once in a long time, I let my curly brown hair down. It reached a few inches under my shoulder. I liked my hair. Maybe it's the only interesting part of my body. I took one last look in the mirror and jogged out of the house.

I felt nervous when I got to the college. People gave me weird looks. Okay, maybe I was weird, but they didn't need to show me the obvious. Blaine and Lily ran toward me. I just knew I had to answer a lot of questions from them.

"Hi girl friend! What's with the change?", Lily asked me. See? First question.

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?", Blaine added. See what a lovely friend I had?

"Okay, you two, I don't want to answer any questions. It's annoying enough to see people staring at me. Not you guys too, please. Is it really that weird?"

"yes", they answered together. UUgghh, I probably shouldn't wear this outfit.

"Don't get us wrong, Hallie. We like it. You need the change. We won't question you, promise", Lily said. Blaine just nodded beside her, still looking at me.

It was lunch period already, and I haven't met Ethan. I should be happy but instead, I was disappointed. I thought he would be excited about this date, but he didn't even show up today. Guess I was wrong. And I didn't have class after lunch. I already called off my part time for today. Just my luck really. I had nothing to do then.

"Are you okay, Hallie?", Blaine asked me.

"Yeah, sure I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be?", I asked him back.

"It's just that you look upset", he shrugged. Shit, he knew me too well. I just offered him a smile. For the whole time, Blaine and Lily had been with me. We were walking toward the parking lot now. Blaine was going to give me a lift home.

Lily stopped suddenly making me bumped into her back.

"Hey, don't just stop like that" I complained.

"Isn't that Ethan? Ugh, I thought those girls would get over him eventually. Now look at that. They were just whore", Lily said shaking her head. And sure enough, Ethan was a few feet away from where I was, standing beside his expensive car. But not only that, the girls were surrounding him. Every girl tried to lay a hand on him. His arms, chest, cheeks, everywhere. I didn't like it. I could see the discomfort from Ethan with all those girls. Almost frustrated actually. His head snapped to my direction and he looked relief. He was looking at me like I could help him. But he was wrong. I wouldn't want to deal with those sluts. Nope, not happening. So I just shrugged at him. He narrowed his eyes and glared at me. And slowly, a smile broke on his lips.